Oxfordshire loop starting from Hemel this saturday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Bit of a long shot but....

I'm planning on doing this loop this Saturday the 25th. I'll be leaving early, around 6ish and wondered if anyone wants to join me? I'll be stopping for a coffee and a bite to eat somewhere around the halfway mark, either a cafe/coffee shop or a bakers.

Jay

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi, it might be my poor colour vision, but I could see no route on that map?

Fab Foodie

That's better ... I don't know the Hemel end, but it looks like some nice lumpy stuff en-route to Oxfordshire!
I can heartily recommend a cake-stop at WaterPerry Gardens (a magnet for local club runs), great cakes, beautiful location, interesting museum of country curios. Between miles 46 and 47, Rowan Atkinson lives at Waterperry I believe.
Le Manoir at Great Milton is good for a snack (LOL), but is worth a little peek. You can have a wander around the Gardens if the staff are feeling generous.

Otherwise, I reckon you'll have a lovely ride!

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I like the look of the cake stop at WaterPerry Gardens. I think I will stop there, thanks. I have done most of this route a couple of times before, a mixture of a few lumpy bits through the Chilterns, then into flat Oxfordshire before heading back home. The first time was a longer ride into Oxford with a stop at Zappis and the second was a shorter route when I stopped at a bakers in Thame.

Fab Foodie

Sounds like you'll have a nice run.
Zappi's has moved recently, no longer in Jericho, but above Bike Zone just off George street. Dropped-in on Sunday morning, bike zone locked ourt bikes in the workshop which was peachy, the Espresso Machiatos were excellent and the ambience is lovely. Recommended! Flavio's a great guy too and worth supporting.

Next season you'll have to join one of yacf's FNRttS (Friday Night Ride to the Smoke) from Oxford Station at Midnight arriving at Paoulos cafe in Acto at 0600. You could always peel-off early for home as required. Just a thought!

Enjoy your ride :becool:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Looks good. I was potentially looking to either ride Frank's chilterns ride or a ride to Cambridge and back with our good Mr Walnuts. The only thing that makes me shudder is the 6am start. :surrender:

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike