Paid Drug Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I keep seeing adverts on Facebook for drug trials that allegedly pay around £4000 for a week spent in hospital being pumped with drugs that have never been given to humans before, has anyone ever done one of these?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
After 53 job applications and not a single interview, i'm seriously considering it.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
I've just had a reply back from one, seems they're all done at a couple of weeks notice, and the better paid ones are spread over a period of time, screening on a Wednesday, then a week later you're in for a stay, then a month later you have to go back for three Wednesdays in a row for follow up monitoring.

Plus if you're currently working the taxman will want a big chunk of your wonga.

Squirrel Chaser

I've just had a reply back from one, seems they're all done at a couple of weeks notice, and the better paid ones are spread over a period of time, screening on a Wednesday, then a week later you're in for a stay, then a month later you have to go back for three Wednesdays in a row for follow up monitoring.

Plus if you're currently working the taxman will want a big chunk of your wonga.
Presumably equally if you are on benefits then it probably puts a stop to those such as housing benefit, council tax etc etc
If you were just in it for a few quid then it doesn't really pay

vickster

Legendary Member
Presumably equally if you are on benefits then it probably puts a stop to those such as housing benefit, council tax etc etc
If you were just in it for a few quid then it doesn't really pay

Rightly so, healthy adult clinical trails are paid 'employment' like any other...and no chance of cash in hand as clinical trials are (should be) regulated to the nth degree and then some!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
Rightly so, health adult clinical trails are paid 'employment' like any other...and no chance of cash in hand as clinical trials are (should be) regulated to the nth degree and then some!!

Paid by bank transfer so it would be down to you not to forget to declare it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom