Pain / burning in foot...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepecat

I currently ride with toeclips, but have got some pedals / cleats / shoes, and am planning on going clipless shortly. I don't want to do it now, cos i've got the Dartmoor Classic in a month, and i don't want to be tinkering with set up and giving myself knee gip, or falling off all the time when i'm supposed to training and riding the event.
So, sticking with toe clips for now.... i think....
But, i've recently started getting pain along the outside of my left foot when i'm riding. Sort of burning pain and it's really annoying. I ride in fairly stiff shoes, but nowhere near as stiff as road shoes are.
Any idea what's causing the foot pain and what i could do about it?
And (this may sound like a daft question).....could i ride wearing the road shoes, with no cleats obviously, but still use the toe clips? Am wondering if the stiffer shoe would help, but i don't want to go clipless so close to the sportive cos i won't be used to them in time.

I've no idea what is causing your pain but you could easily ride with a stiff soled pair of mtb shoes without the cleats (I've known plenty of folk who have done so), I'm not so sure about road shoes as they have a very flat bottom but it might work with toe clips, I've never heard of it being done though ? Good luck for your Sportif.

zoxed

Über Member
I get burning feet when I ride in hot weather in trainers/socks (I think 100% cotton).
I usually switch to sock free sandals for the hot days, but sometimes I get it wrong and am wearing trainers on a hot day (a 2min stop with trainers off usually relieves it but then it comes back again).
(Both my trainer-style and sandals are SPDs.)

Globalti

Legendary Member
I had the same as you; burning pain in the outside of my foot. I cured it by buying some Specialized Body Geometry insoles, the blue (medium) grade and messing around with the wedges that come with them. Look it all up on the Specialized website, there's lots on there.

Problem solved.

Top Bottom