Pannier bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Fair enough you're right. But what I did was keep looking online over a period of about six months until I found a pair of Ortliebs going very cheaply. Then I pounced. Never pay rrp for anything!
Spoken like a Tyke, you haven't got Yorkshire roots have you? Or just ambitious :-)

I was fine with my traditional Carradice Barley saddle bag for ages, then I decided I needed more space, occasionally.

Turned out that for me a single pannier was more useful. I still have the Carradice, it's hanging under a shelf, it's now essentially my storage area for gloves/buffs etc.

There are days when I'll buy snap at work and my change of clothes is at work, so no luggage is required. But when it is, the cheap pannier is my No1 choice.

BTW, the nearside panniers probably had more 'hammer'. Our lass cycles to the allotment on a nasty cheap Apollo, when she has chance. She used to use a rucksack, till I pointed out the spare pannier. She'll drop tools, veg, chemicals etc in it. Its been left outside overnight for days* and its still going strong.

(*Leaves it behind the gate at the side of the house and forgets to stick it in the shed - winds me up!!)

OP
OP
SKoob

SKoob

Went for the Ortleibs in the end, don't think i'll be disappointed as they look well made, waterproof and are huge. Can see me only needing the one lol. No more sweaty achey back :smile:

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I bought a pair of Carradice Super 'C' panniers from E-bay 11 years ago which were second hand when I bought them and I am still using them on my commuting bike now. I cant wear them out........ I have bought a few un-branded rear panniers even from Lidl for my other bikes but have been dissapointed with the mounts or the actual construction. I have always gone back to my Carradice bags.

Top Bottom