Pannier rack help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Morning folks,

As the days get colder in going to carry more gear to work. I'm unsure whether to switch to the MTB as it already has mudguards or switch to the Peugeot and fit racebladez or crudz. The road bike is faster but the MTB opens up 2 or 3 different routes and probably better on extreme days. Either way I'll need a rack and bag which can carry waterproofs, towel, work boots, trousers, shirt, jumper and packed lunch.

What setup does fellow commuters use to accommodate rack, guards and gear

cheers, kev

mythste

Veteran
The setup that has mounting points for a rack and mudguards would get my vote! Although all sorts of retro-fit options are available, I've found none are as good as using a frame designed for them.

In terms of actual Panniers, Ortilieb are very well reviewed round these parts, and the Topeak expandable rack bags are great for carting in and out of work.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Buy Ortliebs. You won't regret it. Did a mini-tour in Belgium back in May with a ten quid set- they did the job, but the retaining straps all broke or came off (caused some bother at the Eurostar terminal) & they weren't going to last anyway. Now have a set of Ortlieb Back Roller City- what I should have bought in the first place.

Top Bottom