Panniers - A quick heads-up....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure if anyone is in the market for panniers, but I got a very good deal on some 40l, Ortlieb Hi Viz ones yesterday that I thought worth sharing.....

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/ortlieb_back_roller_classic_highviz_ql2_1_rear_pannier_bags-ID_75427

Considerably cheaper than elsewhere, and, if you are a first-time customer, they will give you a discount code that gets another fiver off the price. So £104.99 delivered. Ordered mine yesterday, and have been informed that they are coming today, so super speedy. Oh, I had to ring to double-check that it was, indeed, a pair of panniers, and not a single. The description gives nothing away. I was assured that I have nothing to fear. A pair are on their way :smile:

Edit: They only have a few left, so don't dally about if you need some.
More Edit: It appears that I've had the last yellow pair. Black only until September.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Vaude Aquaback 2 x 24ltrs here for £85 delivered (depending on colour) from Amazon.

Seem very similar and possibly bigger as claim an extra 8ltrs capacity a pair compared to the set suggested above.

I recently bought a pair in black. Keep watching the prices as these seem to alter daily but the cheapest ones are always around £85-86. What is the expensive colour option this week may well be the cheapest next week, pricing appears to be demand and stock driven?

OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
From what I can gather, Ortlieb's are the only truly waterproof panniers. That's why I looked past other brands. Not saying the Vaude's aren't, but I'm just listening to the general consensus.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Carradice 'Kendal' from their Classic range, £100 a pair

DSCN0177.JPG

DSCN0179.JPG

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Bought some yesterday and for cheapy cheap panniers they fit perfectly hold a LOT and are waterproof (hose pipe tested 1/2hr).
+++++There was three (3) in the packet so I've got a spare one. Result.:wahhey:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Bought some yesterday and for cheapy cheap panniers they fit perfectly hold a LOT and are waterproof (hose pipe tested 1/2hr).
+++++There was three (3) in the packet so I've got a spare one. Result.:wahhey:

I bought some for my daughter - got 3 in a packet too. They are not a patch on my Orlieb's, but will be fine for infrequent use, they are even fully waterproof. The major problem is that they rely on a lightweight clip to the rack, there is no tether at the bottom, so if you get out the saddle they will flap about. Great for infrequent lightweight use though.

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
I bought some for my daughter - got 3 in a packet too. They are not a patch on my Orlieb's, but will be fine for infrequent use, they are even fully waterproof. The major problem is that they rely on a lightweight clip to the rack, there is no tether at the bottom, so if you get out the saddle they will flap about. Great for infrequent lightweight use though.

Not a problem on a recumbent trike or bike, (you can't get out of the seat/deck chair).:whistle:^_^

You can always put an elastic bungie around it after you filled it to stop it flapping.

Top Bottom