Panniers to fit ebike rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim O

Über Member
Morning All, glorious day, peculiar times but at least we can still cycle in the fresh air.

My wife's just bought a Scott Sub Active ebike with the battery in the rear pannier frame. The problem is, my Carradice panniers (and I guess a whole lot of other panniers) won't fit the the rack on her bike as the tubing is too thick. I just wondered if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

Many thanks in advance, Tim.

I've just tried my old panniers on my new(ish) ebike for the first time and they are a real pain

Not exactly the same as your problem but I think my solution is going to involve Velcro and a needle and thread and maybe your solution will be the same

Smudge

Veteran
The obvious answer is throw over panniers. They usually also have some sort of attachments like laces or velcro that will stop them moving around. They also hide your battery well.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Thule pannier rack is the answer. It will fit on the back or the front.

It fastens with ratchet

straps and is rock solid and easy to fit.

OP
OP
T

Tim O

Über Member
Thank you very much for your helpful replies. The throw-overs look a good solution.

We had a similar problem a while ago. I drilled/filed the clips out so that they fitted. There seemed to be sufficient material to do this, and it worked fine.

Top Bottom