Parcel Prices !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just booked a bike parcel through normal courier Senditnow.com and since last time i booked one it has almost double in price !

So what courier service do other people use for sending bikes around the uk , Paisley were slightly cheaper but they never seemed as good as Senditnow.com when i used them before .

Prefer parcel to be collected rather than dropping it off , so will be scouring the internet for other providers for sure

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I inquired about a chair being brought up here from Portsmouth. It's about 290 miles in distance. One quote was for £120. He kept bringing his price down,to eventually saying he'd do it for £40. I think the trick is to hold out as long as possible,though you do feel a bit bad about forcing them to do it for a price where they'll hardly be making any profit..

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I used to send quite a bit of stuff via parcel2go. I have noticed that their prices seem to fluctuate a fair bit and also for different companies offering the same service too. I think its just how these middlemen/booking agents make their money. Most of the time they are a few quid cheaper than Royal Mail.

I send letters and small parcels via RM the rest is always via courier booked on Parcel2go as RM always charges more if an item cant be put through your standard sized letterbox

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Can't really complain from here. Evans will send me a medium parcel, last lot was some shifters, shorts and a few other bits for £15 delivered to my door by DHL, it's not chicken so I get it in about 4/5 days. It's actually cheaper buying from here as I don't have to pay VAT :smile:.A bike would be £300.

Last edited:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Wonder who they use, a lot if not all couriers are trying to get shot of all the big parcels out of their network as they don't fit on their Hubs. I got dropped by DPD got told to feck off within 30 days, same happened with UK Mail. TNT are expensive, Parcelforce would take some but only 15% can be oversize. Even DX didn't want me, so I am stuck in Yodel land for some of mine.

Every time I speak to any of the sales they are talking about dropping these third party websites. Yodel do their own version. Looking at SenditNow's headline price its money for old rope, nearly a tenner! http://www.yodel.co.uk/send/ If you dare, they are not quite as bad as everyone says..

gbb

Legendary Member
Be interesting to request the same parcel price next week.
Couriers and shipping companies will have been absolutely inundated with work with Mothers Day deliveries, perhaps so much they deter other work by hiking prices.

Perhaps not, but they will have been very very busy I suspect. A quarter of my companies annual profits are made at Valentine' and Mothers Day and online orders grow and grow...they all got to be delivered.

Just booked a bike parcel through normal courier Senditnow.com and since last time i booked one it has almost double in price !

So what courier service do other people use for sending bikes around the uk , Paisley were slightly cheaper but they never seemed as good as Senditnow.com when i used them before .

Prefer parcel to be collected rather than dropping it off , so will be scouring the internet for other providers for sure

:eek::eek:

colly

Re member eR
I tried to send a boxed bike via Hermes recently.

I entered all relevent dimensions online was quoted a cracking price, all boxed and ready for collection. Hermes bloke turns up, 'Nah mate too big for me car innit'
'So what now then?'
Give 'em a bell and arrange for a van mate' Before I had the chance to say well can't you arrange it he was off.

Phone calls, online chat, more online chat, emails, phone calls. Two weeks, maybe three weeks later I got a reply to my complaint email telling me it was too big.
We'll give you your money back though. 'Well gee guys thanks'

ParcelForce took it in the end :smile:............for about twice the price.:sad:

I have sympathy for the drivers though. One guy who delivers to me gets less than a quid for each delivery. He does between 80 and 120 a day depending on the time of year. Out of that he provides the vehicle, insures it, maintains it, puts fuel in it.

So at 100 in a ten hour day with no breaks will see him delivering a parcel every 6 mins.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I tried to send a boxed bike via Hermes recently.

I entered all relevent dimensions online was quoted a cracking price, all boxed and ready for collection. Hermes bloke turns up, 'Nah mate too big for me car innit'
'So what now then?'
Give 'em a bell and arrange for a van mate' Before I had the chance to say well can't you arrange it he was off.

Phone calls, online chat, more online chat, emails, phone calls. Two weeks, maybe three weeks later I got a reply to my complaint email telling me it was too big.
We'll give you your money back though. 'Well gee guys thanks'

ParcelForce took it in the end :smile:............for about twice the price.:sad:

I have sympathy for the drivers though. One guy who delivers to me gets less than a quid for each delivery. He does between 80 and 120 a day depending on the time of year. Out of that he provides the vehicle, insures it, maintains it, puts fuel in it.

So at 100 in a ten hour day with no breaks will see him delivering a parcel every 6 mins.

Yes, I think the actual delivery drivers have it rough. I am always willing to take in parcels for neighbours, so driver gets paid. As I understand it, they don’t get paid, until it is delivered.

zzandyb

Hello Biggs , yes I’m having the same problem , send it now was brilliant ! They always have to change a good thing ! I’ve been using them for 8 years ! I’m devastated they have changed the way , they calculate the cost . I sell refurbished bikes and my margins are very fine . This has really put a spanner in the works . I have been looking around for alternatives , no one compares to the old price of £13.78.
Never easy is it !! Good luck , but I don’t think there are any cheap options anymore

Top Bottom