Parenting tips.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User32269

Having recently changed jobs, I now work shifts and can take the kids to school and pick them up some days.
My oldest lad is ten and seems to have arrived at stroppy teenager mode ahead of schedule.

On the days I take them in the car, I have found a great way to make the whole process trouble free. The family car disco. If he is kicking off, I blast really cheesy music out and me and the two little kids have a mad disco. I throw some awesome dad dancing shapes, just as his mates are making their way past our bouncing parked car.

Just the threat of this has now transformed the whole process into a trouble free experience.

Any other superb parents have novel approaches to dealing with the little angels?

Last edited by a moderator:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Asking why they are/aren't doing something, rather than just telling them not to. Usually leads to a discussion which calms things down and promotes sensible conversation. At least until my 5 year-old starts talking about farts and willies.

OP
OP
U

User32269

Asking why they are/aren't doing something, rather than just telling them not to. Usually leads to a discussion which calms things down and promotes sensible conversation. At least until my 5 year-old starts talking about farts and willies.
My wife likes that approach. I usually spoil it.....by starting talking about farts and willies...

PK99

Legendary Member
Look for tis guy on Facebook, side splittingly funny posts every Tuesday

Sam Avery Learner Parent

or here:
instagram.com/thelearnerparent

Profpointy

Legendary Member

Must be something about wording internet postings, but the way you talk about fart and willy jokes it comes across as if you somehow think it's a bad thing.

OP
OP
U

User32269

Being a superb parent can be difficult, I know this only too well.
My big fella broke his nose a couple of months ago.

Being a superb parent, I understood that his bruising would deeply effect his self confidence.
I instinctively knew that I had to step up to the mark and do the right thing by my boy.
DSC_0548.JPG
You don't learn these skills from books. It's just natural. He was able to go to school safe in the knowledge he was loved and nobody would notice his injuries.

Julia9054

Guru
Being a superb parent can be difficult, I know this only too well.
My big fella broke his nose a couple of months ago.

Being a superb parent, I understood that his bruising would deeply effect his self confidence.
I instinctively knew that I had to step up to the mark and do the right thing by my boy.
View attachment 383242 You don't learn these skills from books. It's just natural. He was able to go to school safe in the knowledge he was loved and nobody would notice his injuries.
Nice designer paper bag though. One from Primark wouldn't have the same effect

Top Bottom