Parenting tips.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Do it like Mumble Mum

That's very good.

U

User482

When the boy was younger and sulking/kicking off etc I'd stand there stern faced and say

"No, don't laugh, no, don't do it"

He would be laughing within 5 seconds. Crisis over.
I tell them that their pout is rubbish, and I can do a much better one. Then we have a competition.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As long as you get them back from her before bed time, I don't see any problems.
Oy i aint that old !

keithmac

Guru
Having recently changed jobs, I now work shifts and can take the kids to school and pick them up some days.
My oldest lad is ten and seems to have arrived at stroppy teenager mode ahead of schedule.

On the days I take them in the car, I have found a great way to make the whole process trouble free. The family car disco. If he is kicking off, I blast really cheesy music out and me and the two little kids have a mad disco. I throw some awesome dad dancing shapes, just as his mates are making their way past our bouncing parked car.

Just the threat of this has now transformed the whole process into a trouble free experience.

Any other superb parents have novel approaches to dealing with the little angels?

My lad's 10 1/2 and already in teenage mode as well, I think they just grow up quicker nowadays..

OP
OP
U

User32269

Our house is like an unfunny Kevin and Perry sketch most days.
"Stop eating the remote control, lad" I will say calmly.
"I'm not....hmmph" he will reply sarcastically, while gnawing on the remote.
"It's full of teeth marks, and it's in your mouth" I counter, not unreasonably.
The door gets slammed and he stomps upstairs muttering stuff about moving out and how unfair life is.
Still, it's only for the next decade or so.

Top Bottom