Parenting..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
When does the costing money phase end?
Never! mine both are grown up and both have their own houses, when doing jobs they say to their dad, " could you pick this up from the plumb center or I need to call into B&Q on the way home from work but really need to get on with the job could you pick up....for me?" Guess who foots the bill?

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
Hope your all writing your quips down, we play a game with ours in the pub called who's going to inherite the most? Number one son or Number Two. its great to see who's ready and quick to get the next round in :cheers:

Sara_H

Guru
Can I join in? My 9yr old has had a sleep over - had to point out at midnight last night that tecnically a sleep over has to involve sleep under the trades description act. Was woken up just before six to the house shaking as they all jumped from the top bunk!

Feel a bit blearly eyed!

Hope your all writing your quips down, we play a game with ours in the pub called who's going to inherite the most? Number one son or Number Two. its great to see who's ready and quick to get the next round in :cheers:

I have a "I'm busy spending my kids inheritance" t-shirt and keep reminding them their role is to keep me in my old age in the lifestyle with which I wish to become accustomed. Not that they seem to be listening

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Can I join in? My 9yr old has had a sleep over - had to point out at midnight last night that tecnically a sleep over has to involve sleep under the trades description act. Was woken up just before six to the house shaking as they all jumped from the top bunk!

Feel a bit blearly eyed!
Do you need to know that it gets worse ... that eventually a sleep over doesn't seem to involve sleep at all. I now have a rule that I don't care if they go to sleep but I do want to, so either keep quiet or go home.

trampyjoe

I love reading about other parents lack of sleep when I've actually got a full(ish, she woke at half 6) nights sleep :smile:

Mind you, I don't care if it gets easier or harder, being a dad (of the stay at home variety) is the greatest adventure and we always have loads of fun.

Milo

Guru
Our little one 9 months is still breastfeeding so I have had much more sleep than most I suspect. Still his mum goes back to university next month and full time caring awaits me.

Matt1705

Über Member
When my son was about 3 weeks old we went to the Merry Hill centre for our Christmas shopping. It was getting busy by the time we left and I was carrying him back to the car while my wife pushed the pram with all the shopping in.
As we were walking through the car park is felt wetness on my top. At first I thought maybe he'd been sick, but then I smelt it. He'd had a explosive poop, out of his nappy, through his vest and sleepsuit and onto my clean white t-shirt.
We had to change his nappy in the car while people were queuing for parking spaces, getting rather irate that we weren't going anywhere.
Oh the joys of parenting, wouldn't change it for the world though :-D

G2EWS

When my son was about 3 weeks old we went to the Merry Hill centre for our Christmas shopping. It was getting busy by the time we left and I was carrying him back to the car while my wife pushed the pram with all the shopping in.
As we were walking through the car park is felt wetness on my top. At first I thought maybe he'd been sick, but then I smelt it. He'd had a explosive poop, out of his nappy, through his vest and sleepsuit and onto my clean white t-shirt.
We had to change his nappy in the car while people were queuing for parking spaces, getting rather irate that we weren't going anywhere.
Oh the joys of parenting, wouldn't change it for the world though :-D

Been there, done that!

Chris

Arch

Married to Night Train
Archie, once they get past 14 they are not interested!!

My youngest was 15 this weekend and because I paid for a Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow to come to our beer festival meet where we had the Birthday party, she actually gave me a few cuddles!!

http://www.jacksparrowforhire.co.uk/

Best regards

Chris

I think that's the chap I saw once on a train to Hull. In full costume. Not only that, he was on the same train back as I was in the afternoon! He looked quite dour, probably partly getting into character and partly to ward off 'wits' who might make fun of him. But then two little kids went up to him, and presumably treated him like the real thing, and his face lit up and he was playing along...

Top Bottom