Paris-Nice 2015 *spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Like a Flying one?:whistle:
Wizard of Oz style?

400bhp

Guru
I'm liking the aggression of Sky so far this year - Thomas attacking with a few K's to go.:okay:

Etixx Quick Step have so much strength in depth. Real shame about Boonen though.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist

Yeah, me and Andre are practically twins.

400bhp

Guru
You guys really need to pay a bit attention here :tongue::becool:

Gah - I was actually wondering whether Wiggo fell or had a puncture or something.

I'm now wondering whether all that pishing about by Thomas yesterday is a bit of a rouse by Sky and actually he's going to go for a two pronged assault on a couple of classics, rather than going for GC here?

Exciting stuff anyway.

The Couch

Über Member
I'm now wondering whether all that pishing about by Thomas yesterday is a bit of a rouse by Sky and actually he's going to go for a two pronged assault on a couple of classics, rather than going for GC here?
I believe he is probably going for both, i.e. he really wants to have a go at the GC here and has the classics ahead of him that he wants to perform in as well... although I believe that the competition in this PN will be too much for him (to win that is)

Since he is multi-talented, it's hard to make choices... Kwiatkowski would have the same hard choices if he wouldn't be in EQS,.. I believe Kwiatkowski would also be able to have a good go at the Flemish races (E3, Tour de Flanders) but they already have enough guys for that, so he needs/can focus on the Ardennes classics

Pleased to see very different tactics from Sky this year. I think a lot of their poor performance last year (by comparison with 2012 and 2013, anyway) was down to their over-obvious tactics. Other teams just expected Sky to do all the work and picked them off. They are doing less of the front-riding this year and have a bigger variety of tactics. Looks like Thomas attacking on the flat and maybe Porte attacking on the hills. This all may be rubbish. Only been following cycle racing seriously since I retired.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Is it the official Sky line that Porte and Thomas are joint leaders? From what I read in the build-up, I thought Porte was the protected man with Thomas as his lieutenant. But then if the Algarve is any kind of indicator of form, G might be the better bet.

Porte is still the better climber though. Good for Sky if they're learning to take a broader, less fixed view of the racing possibilities.

Top Bottom