Paris-Nice 2015 *spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is it the official Sky line that Porte and Thomas are joint leaders? From what I read in the build-up, I thought Porte was the protected man with Thomas as his lieutenant. But then if the Algarve is any kind of indicator of form, G might be the better bet.

Porte is still the better climber though. Good for Sky if they're learning to take a broader, less fixed view of the racing possibilities.
Whatever they say or said, I'm pretty sure Porte is the protected rider on this one, when they get to the hills. They'll want him to be showing that he's ready for the Giro while Thomas is probably doing this largely because of the Classics.

The Couch

Über Member
Gilbert maybe considering to go for the KOM jersey?
Seems so, since he is picking up all the KOM points today (still ...he'll have to go on the attack tomorrow as well to defend it)

The Couch

Über Member
So much speculation, straight from the horse's mouth...

Funny how he pronounces Boom like if he is an explosion :smile:
(it makes sense that English-speaking people say it like that... I just never realized they did)

Anyway, today the fun starts.... this will be a stage for the GC guys, so GT should set-up Porte today.
Still... if the GC guys can't drop each other and it comes to a sprint from a selected bunch, someone like Costa might take it

raindog

er.....
yes, this might shake things up - come on Simon!

PROFIL.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Wiggins is at a heavier weight now isn't he, so he just isn't a GC contender. That aerobeard must weigh a ton for starters.

The Couch

Über Member
Gilbert isn't in the escape, so is going to lose his KOM jersey. Thomas De Gendt is collecting all points so far, so he's aiming to keep it in Belgian hands.
(De Gendt, C.A. Sorensen and Duchesne in a commendable, but futile attempt to outrun the peloton today)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
because he can't attack..tempo, tempo, tempo

Oh, he can definitely attack when he wants to. Volta Catalunya 2013, stage 1, for example - singlehandedly blew the peloton apart on the final climb and finished in a select group of 10 or so.

He's not a bad sprinter either - won a bunch finish in the Tour of Romandie a couple of years ago, iirc.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Oh, he can definitely attack when he wants to. Volta Catalunya 2013, stage 1, for example - singlehandedly blew the peloton apart on the final climb and finished in a select group of 10 or so.

He's not a bad sprinter either - won a bunch finish in the Tour of Romandie a couple of years ago, iirc.
I have nothing against Wiggins, its just Louch has crazy man love for him and he thinks Foome is the devil

Top Bottom