Paris - Nice 2016 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
image1395617708-jpg.121058.jpg

Attachments

• Image1395617708.jpg
    Image1395617708.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 152

mjr

And the disqualification/relegation is confirmed. I feared they might not because it was a French sprinter but I guess they won yesterday and this was a bit much, sticking an elbow into another rider's arm.

raindog

er.....
Jalabert saying nothing wrong with it - twat. If it had been the other way round he'd be screaming blue murder.

Hont

Guru
What is the correct pronunciation?

NAV-rat-ill-ov-uh not Nav-rat-ill-OH-vuh. Sound clip here...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/Cs-Martina_Navratilova.ogg

More info here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/magazinemonitor/2007/07/how_to_say_wimbeldon_names.shtml

You just have to remember to add an uh to the male equivalent (e.g. Martina's stepfather's surname was Navratilov). It's an odd one because everyone seem to pronounce Petra Kvitova correctly (AFAICT) rather than Kvit-OH-vuh. And Sharapova doesn't help by accepting the incorrect pronunciation of her name.

Last edited:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That's one of the more blatant examples of 'leaning' I have seen. Bouhanni is a bit of a bruiser...

Of the people you would normally have expected to be there today, Greipel is probably still not fully recovered, but I am surprised how poor Kristoff has been in getting up there and Kittel, once again, was nowhere. Not sure why.

mjr

Does doping damage eyesight? ;)

I was amazed the front three stayed on their bikes, as were the German-language Eurosport commentators (probably ex-CX racer Karsten Migels). It looked almost like Matthews was riding on the ad hoardings at one point. 10 out of 10 for bike handling to all three, but less several thousand from Bouhanni for starting that collision.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Bouhanni is a little prick

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
That's one of the more blatant examples of 'leaning' I have seen. Bouhanni is a bit of a bruiser...

Of the people you would normally have expected to be there today, Greipel is probably still not fully recovered, but I am surprised how poor Kristoff has been in getting up there and Kittel, once again, was nowhere. Not sure why.
Not watched the stage yet but very strange that The Beautiful Marcel is missing.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Indeed. I've given up pronouncing names with ova at then end (as in Navratilova) 'correctly' for that reason. Although some commentators get Boonen right so your colleagues sound like they're watching P+P. In which case they have my sympathy. ;-)

They weren't mocking me for being wrong, they were mocking me for being pretentious enough to get it right!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Not watched the stage yet but very strange that The Beautiful Marcel is missing.

I missed today's stage because I had to go out, but yesterday it looked like a combination of grim conditions and very hard racing making it impossible for the sprinters' teams to control the race, and I'm guessing it was much the same today from what I'm hearing.

That being the case, it was a surprise not to see Kristoff figuring (although he obviously did a bit better today, looking at the results).

Top Bottom