Paris - Nice 2016 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I missed today's stage because I had to go out, but yesterday it looked like a combination of grim conditions and very hard racing making it impossible for the sprinters' teams to control the race, and I'm guessing it was much the same today from what I'm hearing.

That being the case, it was a surprise not to see Kristoff figuring (although he obviously did a bit better today, looking at the results).
The inevitable "Marcel? He's not well." "He's not well, is Marcel" "Marcel, not well?" "Marcel, who can tell?" rumour is apparently circulating in the peloton.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Particularly enjoying France 3's Yan Stannar for Ian Stannard.
And in the other direction ... Sean Kelly's treatment of the team sponsored by a financial institution whose logo is a squirrel. Came out as Kay Step Anya. I used to look in vain for a rider with a family name similar to Anya or Stepanya until I twigged he was talking about the team then named Caisse d'Epargne.

But yes - cynical attempt by Bouhani to put Bling in the barriers. Riders have been thrown off races for less.

The inevitable "Marcel? He's not well." "He's not well, is Marcel" "Marcel, not well?" "Marcel, who can tell?" rumour is apparently circulating in the peloton.
Looks like Etixx are having the same effect on Kittel as the did on Cav.

It's still too cold there to get from under the duvet, never mind race.

upload_2016-3-9_13-24-41.png

Not the nicest day for a ride in the Massif Central, it seems, but the race is continuing. 16 man breakaway.

(including Ben Swift - "Go out there and die for G, Swifty.")

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Katusha, Lotto Soudal, IAM, DDD, Cofidis and Fortuneo missed that really quite large break. AFAICT, no teams seem to have multiple riders but it's only got about 1m30 now.

Top Bottom