Paris - Nice 2016 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
The Katusha rider hitting the hedge with 2.5km to go was the highlight of today's stage

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I agree. I'm not really sure what the point of tackling Ventoux is, so early in the season and with no TV coverage. I know they didn't go to the top but even so.
Indeed so. Unless they follow it up with another climb later whereby someone can get a break to stick, there's no point at all. If Ventoux doesn't even eliminate the sprinters it's hardly going to trouble the gc boys.

Contador reckoned he couldn't select the big ring up the final climb. I didn't watch the race but certainly in the highlights he doesn't seem to be riding a different gear to everyone else, in fact he seems to have selected a higher gear than Thomas, unless I read it wrong and he couldn't get out of the big ring?

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
CdbtJ0wXIAEZYmv.jpg

That was a belter of a final stage, never knew how it would end until the end. Chapeau to Contador for the effort and chapeau to Thomas for clinging on. If all the races were like that....
oh and grand coup de chapeau to fellow Canuck Antoine Duchesne of Direct Energie for winning the Mountain maillot !

Last edited:
Top Bottom