Paris - Nice (*Spoiler*)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bloody typical..I had Jens in my fantasy team til today but made a change! Germans! Cannae trust them...:laugh:

And as for breakaways...get rid of radios!!!!! The "safety" argument is bollocks. Give me Tommy "90% of the peloton hate me" Voeckler" any day!!!!

The UCI are going to cave in on the radios, especially with the threat of the breakaway world series which has them running scared.

So what chances for Wiggins then? If everything stays even in today's stage, can he hold six seconds on an uphill tt. My instincts are swinging like a compass in a metal box on this one but really i think it's too tight, there are people who can take six seconds off him and more, uphill.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Really top ride by De Gendt today - very well-chosen as he knew that the peloton probably wouldn't chase him down that hard with the crucial hill-climb tomorrow. I feel sorry for Leipheimer though - that police motorcyclist was in a really stupid place - on the road behind a blind corner.

OP
OP
beastie

beastie

Guru
Wiggins and Thomas not happy with the breakaway they said it wasnt good sportmanship
why not?

I don't know why Leipheimer et al struggled to close the gap on the Movistar led peloton, which was going fast but not exactly full beans. The popo biker was in a bad spot after the Lampre(?) rider crashed. I reckon the Levi wasn't gonna make that bend anyway, he is a rubbish descender.

raindog

er.....
Wiggins and Thomas not happy with the breakaway they said it wasnt good sportmanship
Jalabert said of the Movistar attack 'this kind of thing happens, but when it does it's not very elegant'
I'm not particularly a fan of Levi, but you had to feel for the guy.

Very classy ride from de Gendt.

Taaramae crossed the line almost unnoticed a few minutes behind de Gendt, and he'd crashed too - got all the skin ripped off his right knee. It's a tough job bike racing.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Levi descended like a man who'd lost his bottle after the crash. At his age you realise you no longer have the immortality felt by the youth - I passed that point many years ago:whistle:

raindog

er.....
agree rich - he seemed really gripped-up and stressed for the rest of the stage.

Big day on the Col d'Eze today. Programme just started here. :smile:

Top Bottom