Paris - Roubaix- Arenberg Forest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captainwull

Hello,
I've decided not to do Flanders this year. I want to see what the Arenberg Forest is like during Paris - Roubaix.
Has anyone been? I could use some advice like where to stay and if there is a decent big screen to watch the race unfold anywhere near the forest.

Thank you

jxd08

We stayed in an Ibis is Lille last year. There is a huge screen and laods of bars, food, party atmosphere at the start of the Arenberg. If you ride it, then say a prayer before that segment as it's horrific.....! We found it was a great place to watch.

U

User169

Roubaox itself is a bit of a dump. Better to base yourself in Lille.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Roubaox itself is a bit of a dump. Better to base yourself in Lille.
I’ve not done Roubaix but my main ride crony went to the velodrome finish a couple of years ago. Great atmosphere, but yes, a dump.

I rode a section of the cobbles when I went to watch the 2014 TdF. Admittedly I did it with a cycle trailer in the rain, but it was the single most hellish experience I’ve ever had on a bike.

Been to see the race a couple of times on the organised tour. Superb value and all the work is done for you. It is a bit hit and miss as to what you see as it is tough going chasing a bike race by coach, but you get to the start, some cobbles, and if your luck is in the finish in the Velodrome. All for about £200!

Top Bottom