Paris-Roubaix - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skip Madness

I was at the Carrefour de l'Arbre yesterday, and all the television pictures and photographs do not do justice to just how ridiculously bad the cobbles there are.

The juniors came through before the elite race (several Brits well placed there, especially Daniel Mclay in second at the finish), and most of them "cheated" by going down the flatter grassy edges, off the road proper. But amusingly enough, about five minutes behind the leaders one lone Belgian kid came riding straight down the middle over the worst of the rough stuff, for which he got a huge cheer.

jpembroke

I had £5 on Hammond to get a podium place at 18/1.

He came 4th

Bugg*r!

iLB

Hello there
love the commentary on that 'olalalalalalalalala, tom, tom, tom!' 'we have a problem'

brilliant rider

Good video Clive, ta. What an engine to draw away like that! First cycling I have seen - so naturally I had to look for a 'finishing lap' clip, and it never fails to amuse me that the polished, professional 'glamour' of the riders is juxtaposed by the rusting artic bodies, scrapyards and blocks of flats surrounding the stadium!
I bet his arms are aching today! :wacko:

col1888

Great video ! Love the way he just glides up the outside to shut down the 3 or 4 man attack, sees the guy on the front look for the others and just keeps going ! Then to open that gap in that short time, incredible ! Bet Boonen wishes he had decided to wait a while before having lunch !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Crankarm said:
Cancellara awesome ride. What was Boonen doing at the back :smile:? He should have been marking Cancellara. Great footage.

I think he'd popped back to find out what FC has for brekkie!

Brahan

Über Member
rich p said:
I think he'd popped back to find out what FC has for brekkie!

This I think.

bmw-m3-v8-engine.jpg

Top Bottom