"Park and Ride" Saturday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
Aperitif said:
You're hoping the 'Evans will open' then? :wacko:
Good news on your recovery Luke. As you are organising this ride I suppose it is all change for the route then? :biggrin:

Maybe we could go.....Actually I think we'll stick with yours for now. I'll get to work on one, for sometime soon.

Well. I just rode the first section of this ride again as I'm in Kentish Town anyway, and can report that the autumnal colours are reddy for us...:wacko:
Parliament Hill Fields, out and up to George Orwell's house, then down and out in pairs - and London...past Keat's Place - sheer poetry as we enter the Hampstead Heath and do a very scenic trail over water and under boughs, waving in the wind. Not a duck in sight except for the old one walking her Scottie as I trundled past...
Crunching quietly over the dellzeqqianesque gravel (well, the teensy version of it anyway) and upward to vistas of London bonus - The City and beyond - and out again. Following the reddish hued cyclepath along Spaniards Lane and veer out into the flow, past the flower stall by the trough, past The Spaniards Inn and into fairy-tale land - the tasteful architect's Nirvana... Then, more woody views and we disappear into Sandy Road - which is nearly a good name for the road. 'Big Sandy' Road might be more apt, but perfectly cycleable...tilting up at the exit. Then a gentrified mazy run to Primrose Hill, skirt the Regents Park to York & Albany then tour Regents Park's Outer and Inner Circles, before heading off to Marble Arch and Hyde Park beyond...

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
ah cycling gear, tis all the same TC- no sunday best required

You may find I still won't let you take a photo (you're still the same photographer after all-lol- only joking)

Tollers said:
OK. Count me in. I think I can commt :biggrin:

Tollers

Good. mikee and Davy will introduce you to ride etiquette I'm sure...when they shout "your round", it's not a size thing! :biggrin:

I'll PM you a contact no. tollers.

ttcycle said:
Depends on the photographer:laugh::biggrin::biggrin:

Redjedi- hope you can make the ride!

I had my first time shooting in the studio a few weeks back. This is the result....Sadly, the camera weighs more than my bike so won't be coming along.

4002450954_a02b55f1cc_b.jpg

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Aperitif said:
Dave.
It's not the same without you...(Ok I'm guessing that bit - it may even be better! :biggrin:) hope you can make some part...Thought you were on strikey poos anyway?

Strike friday, you may get a call just before 3pm, hopefully i can get the 3pm train to windsor and be in windsor by 4 & meet up somewhere.

mistral

Guru
topcat1 said:
Strike friday, you may get a call just before 3pm, hopefully i can get the 3pm train to windsor and be in windsor by 4 & meet up somewhere.
Don't count on Windsor TC, you may need to get a train to Shepperton, if the rain forces us to take shelter in the boozer for a Davywallnuts inspired session(iesta):biggrin:

Top Bottom