"Park and Ride" Saturday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

Hello all,

Welcome to the most vague of plans. We all enjoyed the ride out to Windsor and taking in the fantastic "environs" of Windsor so it only seems right to do it all again. I have committed to a date (very un-northern I know) and I will quite happily lead out the ride but been brutally honest would prefer someone who knew where they were going...:angry:

There have been many ideas muted so between now and Oct we can cobble together a plan.

Here's a few that have been talked

Visit some parks to feed ducks
Visit the Chilterns
Similar ride to last time but without as much sightseeing
Finish in the Great Park at Windsor for sunset

I like the idea of a finish in Windsor but the ride up to that point can take whichever direction it likes, within reason...;)

Sorry it's all a bit "woolly" but I'm sure something can be worked out, this was all been talked on the "informal ride" thread started by ttcycle a couple of weeks back.

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=42639

So I'll kick off:-

mike e
Sig
ttcycle - if bike and body are ok

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yep got this one booked in

If I can't ride if for whatever reasons I can meet up with people who are congregating in Kings Cross pre ride.

See you all then!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Not yet unfortunately - waiting for insurers to get back to me -hopefully this coming week they will confirm - I think they're a bit twitchy as this is my second claim in 6 months.

Fingers crossed - counting the weeks passing by without being on the bike...it's a tough one!

Got to head out -have a good weekend - see you on the 24th if not for FNRttC - so many things 'riding' on getting a bike (Jesus that's almost as bad as one of Apertif's!)

Oooooo! tt lation of the first order...

Mikee this is Luke's ride is it not?

There will be no bad weather in that case as the ride wil be reccied and Lukewarm on the day.

Given the time constraints, I think Regents Park for a lap and the Inner ring, Hampsted Heath / Parliament Hill circuit?, to Golders hill Park perhaps, duck down into Hyde Park for a spin by Speakers Corner, the Albert Memorial / Albert Hall, dip into Richmond Park for a lap maybe, go route one to the Jolly Farmer (like last time, but not including the dog legs to Dorneywood and Cliveden), another impromptu raffle, grub, and full speed ahead for Windsor Great Park. The advantage of arriving 'later' last time was the lack of peds. Earlier arrival = more peds = more concentration.
No sodding around for six breakfasts.
Job done, good ride, time for a beer after.

Apart from that Luke - whatever you suggest...:smile:

OP
OP
M

mike e

This can be whoever's ride, was just wanting to kick start it as I had to book my train tickets...:smile:

OP
OP
M

mike e

Sig SilverPrinter said:
what time we starting

My train arrives into Kings Cross at 08:04 but I am more than happy to find a spot for a coffee or breakfast if this is too early for everyone.

My train home leaves Kings Cross at 20:00 so we should have plenty of time to fit in a nice ride, with a pub stop for dinner, and another pub stop at the end, might as well have one at the beginning as well...:smile:

As I've said in earlier posts this is the last day before you lose that whole hour of daylight, all the more reason for everyone making the effort...:biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
I think a 9am start would be good. It's still going to get dark early.

And 9am will soon move back to 9.30, once Davy realises he's hungry and needs to find a Mac Ds :stop:

redjedi

Über Member
And I don't know if I could handle the pressure of leading a ride. I would need to stop after every set of lights/rdbt/junction to make sure everyone has caught up.

But I will do what I can. I actually have the week of the 12-18 October off work, so I can run a couple of recce rides, and make sure the ducks are ready for us.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
redjedi said:
And I don't know if I could handle the pressure of leading a ride. I would need to stop after every set of lights/rdbt/junction to make sure everyone has caught up.

It's not that hard;)

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Yes, this (strines) is possibly my last cc day ride as from next week i'll have 1 sat off every 6 weeks:sad:

Top Bottom