"Park and Ride" Saturday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I'm afraid I won't be able to join you on this ride, or any other for about 6 weeks.

Had an accident with a car last night and I've fractured my right elbow an hand.

really annoying and awkward as I'm right handed ;)

hope you enjoy the peace and quiet without the machine gun :laugh:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
That's some bad news Luke, how's the bike?:biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Soeey to hear that L, sounds very painful

redjedi said:
I'm afraid I won't be able to join you on this ride, or any other for about 6 weeks.

Had an accident with a car last night and I've fractured my right elbow an hand.

really annoying and awkward as I'm right handed :biggrin:

hope you enjoy the peace and quiet without the machine gun :biggrin:

redjedi said:

really annoying and awkward as I'm right handed :biggrin:

hope you enjoy the peace and quiet without the machine gun :sad:

This thread is useless without fracpictures...

Desperately sorry to hear that Luke. Is the bike ok - or have you written off the back wheel? (And was MacB driving?):biggrin:

Get well soon - just ask if there is anything we can do. (Within reason :biggrin:)

OP
OP
M

mike e

Sorry to hear of your bad news Luke, hope you and your machine gun aren't too badly damaged.

My friend who was going to ride his first FNRttC had an mtb accident last week and suffered similar injuries, he now spends all day watching Jeremy Kyle and Homes Under The Hammer so every cloud etc, etc.......:biggrin:

Sorry, hope your mended soon.

stevevw

Guru
Luke
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you will be fit for Crocks Anniversary ride at the end of November.

Just had a thought, breaking bones is a bit extreme to get out of leading a ride isn’t it. :evil:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
My oh my luke,

Hope your better soon too!

Am only down the road if you need anything at all!

Not much luck with bikes this year... Hope your pursuing compensation if relevant!

redjedi

Über Member
Crocks ride in nov should definitely be doable. who knows, in 2 weeks they are changing the cast for something a bit lighter, so if my fingers not too bad I'll see if they can just splint and bandage it. That might give me enough movement to get back on the bike (gently) :biggrin:

I doubt I'll pursue compensation. I'll give ctc a call (and join) and talk to them, but as I was behind it was prob more my fault for not leaving enough space. At least I'll mend in time and the bike is fine.

Thanks for the offer 'teef and davy. I'll be getting ready for work at about 7.30 and my shoelaces could do with tieing :biggrin: ;)
(it's a good job I've worked out how to button my jeans :hello: )

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi RJ- Sorry to hear of your accident - hope you mend soon and get back in the saddle.
You'll need one of those hand hell ceramic bells to ring from your bed so 'teef and Davy can come running to your every beck and call - they'll love it;)

Seriously - get better soon - hope the bike hasn't suffered too much.

Hopefully, should be around for this ride - hoping to have the new bike with me by then.

OP
OP
M

mike e

Looks like a good route to me, we'll be round it in no time at all.

Probably best to introduce a few rules though:-

1) No prolonged coffee stops
2) No sightseeing northerners, it's just about the ride
3) All bikes to have wheels that work
4) Possible introduction of a broom wagon?
5) Ideally someone who know's where there going to lead the ride

Any others?.......................:biggrin:

mike e said:
Looks like a good route to me, we'll be round it in no time at all.

Probably best to introduce a few rules though:-

1) No prolonged coffee stops
2) No sightseeing northerners, it's just about the ride
3) All bikes to have wheels that work
4) Possible introduction of a broom wagon?
5) Ideally someone who know's where there going to lead the ride

Any others?.......................:smile:

Sorry, can't make this ride folks, I've got a ticket to watch Paintdry Rovers v Grassgrow Rangers.

You're a cheeky 'Neighbour from Hull' mikee! :ohmy:

mistral

Guru
I can make this one

I put a call in to my mate Heston, he's got a small cafe in Bray, but sadly they don't have a bike shed, so no point stopping there for luncheon.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Sorry Luke, I dont wake up till 8am....

Was thinking, to save the excess strain on your hand/fingers from braking/changing gear, you could go fixie?

Route looks good, once it loaded! I have to be in Isleworth by 6pm so should be fine! I will carry a spare wheel I think...

Teef, I know most of that route fairly well so you can have me up for TEC or Tete de course if you want? Nice too as I know how much hill climbing there will be to begin with! hehehe! Just wondering if you would prefer to go along Chelsea Embankment throught to Putney onto R.Park rather than Chiswick after Hyde Park to there?

Apart from that, all very nice.. I can make myself free if you want to do a reccie ride soon?

<bump> Where are you Davy? Did you do a recce today <bump> <bump a bump-tiddy-bump> Oh no - you were in Scottishland watching 'mens work'. Rangers won I believe.
I did a bit and the leaves are starting to turn...by the 24th there needs to be a lot of fun in place for the riders...apart from the obvious sight of

a) mikee
:hugs: 'them thighs'
c) ttcycle making it
d) Davy's excuse portfolio
e) Heston 'Service' Blumenthal not welcoming a posse of sweaty cyclists
f) The massive lunches at the 'Jolly Farmer' in Upper Cookham

Top Bottom