"Park and Ride" Saturday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Just spotted this thread and noticed that the route comes past my front door about 10 miles from the end!

Whilst I'd love to come and play, though, covering 92 miles in 5 hours means an average speed way over what I could hope to achieve with a 46 year old body on a 30 year old bike. I think my main issue is that the engine on my road bike is like the engine on an old British motorbike... it's old, wheezy, underpowered, smokey and drinks too much, along with various leaks of indeterminate source. Full of character, though.:smile:

Maybe I'll just have to satisfy myself with waving as you go past. :biggrin:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Norm said:
Whilst I'd love to come and play, though, covering 92 miles in 5 hours means an average speed way over what I could hope to achieve with a 46 year old body on a 30 year old bike.

Maybe I'll just have to satisfy myself with waving as you go past. :smile:

Yep 18mph average over 5 hours....I fear I will be dropped myself as not as fast as I was..oh well I'm a glutton for punishment - we'll look out for you waving us past - a bit 'Tour of Britain' really -lol

ttcycle said:
Davy mate it sounds like you eat such crap, how do you manage to build up muscle at all? Imagine if you filled up with the good stuff what size your thighs would be..tut tut!!:evil:

...there's not any space left between his ears at all...:evil:
Davy is an enigma...goes downhill rapidly when confronted with a slope or a beer...no lycra is big enough to contain those strapping thighs...no strapping is strong enough to hold him back...I slow him down by dropping sweets on the road at regular intervals. Climbing upwards is a different bottle of milk...the lactic acid excuse kicks in, then a dodgy front mech / rear mech followed by the ultimate sacrifice - a broken spoke. Our Davy has an incredible sense of humour though and takes all this in good heart.
We'll deal with the toilet habits of Davy in the next episode - it'll be a stop start affair.
Just to confirm that The Jolly Farmer is on the route - I emailed the lady last night I think (bit pi$$ed :tongue:)

Norm said:
Just spotted this thread and noticed that the route comes past my front door about 10 miles from the end!

Whilst I'd love to come and play, though, covering 92 miles in 5 hours means an average speed way over what I could hope to achieve with a 46 year old body on a 30 year old bike. I think my main issue is that the engine on my road bike is like the engine on an old British motorbike... it's old, wheezy, underpowered, smokey and drinks too much, along with various leaks of indeterminate source. Full of character, though.:evil:

Maybe I'll just have to satisfy myself with waving as you go past. :evil:

5 Hours! That's just lunch. Get prepared Norm...

OP
OP
M

mike e

User1314 said:
I may be on for this.

Need to sort out this and that but pencil me in...

Hope you can make it, this will be a great ride all been well.

1) Not sure who's coming
2) Not sure where were going - Windsor I think
3) Not sure on exact route - past ponds and trees dropping leaves and stuff
4) Not sure where we pub stop - same as last Windsor ride hopefully
5) Not sure if I'll make the train home - odd's are not looking good

So a great ride lined up...:biggrin:

I will start the rider list off with just over a week to go:-

mike e

I think/hope there will be more...:wahhey:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
you forgot me too but I can understand with all the uncertain variables you listed above playing on your mind!! Hahah.

The new bike should be out to play on this ride.

Sorry - been absent with a dose of work...I think I'll take myself off sometime this weekend and sort out some route or the other. I have drawn several plans :laugh: - which will be put to the committee - later.:laugh:
All of which involve a lorra lorra parks! Parked cars. Parked water. Flowing water. Possibly Virginia Water, with a drop of Walter Mitty...unless chilly, in which case I will forgo my mittys for my gloveys. :laugh:

mike e
sig e
ttcycl e
m e

so far.

By gum e.....come on - join the list, you know it makes nonsense!

OP
OP
M

mike e

2 weeks to go and Teef well and truly on the case now, this is going to be good.

Route & sightseeing - Teef

Cake - Sig

Banter - mike e

ttcycle - only met briefly so not sure what is tour "forte"

stevevw

Guru
mike e said:

Mike I would love to join you, but if I did the only thing I could bring to the table would be my divorce papers. I have a Audax ride on the Sunday, no chance of a pass two days running sorry. Hope you all have another eventful ride.

mike e said:
2 weeks to go and Teef well and truly on the case now, this is going to be good.

Route & sightseeing - Teef

Cake - Sig

Banter - mike e

ttcycle - only met briefly so not sure what is tour "forte"

We'll put you down for diary duty then mikeee! ;) :biggrin:

Top Bottom