"Park and Ride" Saturday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

mike e

Just checked lunch times of The Jolly Farmer, didn't we only just make it last time? need to ensure we don't miss out + I'm getting fed up of cutting it fine to get somewhere. It is definately on the cards that I am going to end up riding back to Hull sooner or later...;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
<bump> Where are you Davy? Did you do a recce today <bump> <bump a bump-tiddy-bump> Oh no - you were in Scottishland watching 'mens work'. Rangers won I believe.
I did a bit and the leaves are starting to turn...by the 24th there needs to be a lot of fun in place for the riders...apart from the obvious sight of

a) mikee
:blush: 'them 65 cm relaxed thighs'
c) ttcycle making it
d) Davy's excuse portfolio.. :sad:
e) Heston 'Service' Blumenthal not welcoming a posse of sweaty cyclists
f) The massive lunches at the 'Jolly Farmer' in Upper Cookham

Bump bump indeed! Things that go bump in the night up North indeed! :evil: Oh yes, they won indeedy, first cut in the bragging rights! Most excellant! Anyhow! Yup, recce as soon as my body has got over the excess fatty deposits that occour when you eat nout but Scotch and Macaroni pies and cheap pints of tennents! Oh, and when I finally hear again, noisy events this footy games! And I also need to re-education my language and stop adding a swear word to every ba*****d sentence! :sad:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Aperitif said:
<bump> Where are you Davy? Did you do a recce today <bump> <bump a bump-tiddy-bump> Oh no - you were in Scottishland watching 'mens work'. Rangers won I believe.
I did a bit and the leaves are starting to turn...by the 24th there needs to be a lot of fun in place for the riders...apart from the obvious sight of

a) mikee
:sad: 'them thighs'
c) ttcycle making it
d) Davy's excuse portfolio
e) Heston 'Service' Blumenthal not welcoming a posse of sweaty cyclists
f) The massive lunches at the 'Jolly Farmer' in Upper Cookham

yep, unless there is a disaster of sorts (wouldn't count this out knowing my luck deprived life!) - I will be on this ride. Though I may only allow punning and banter with Teef if he follows through on the 'bump a bump-tiddy bump' by demonstrating his prowess at bunny hopping potholes along the ride...howzat sound?:evil:

Am sold by the massive lunches at the Jolly Farmer - even if you all have to usher me up the hills to get there!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ttcycle said:
yep, unless there is a disaster of sorts (wouldn't count this out knowing my luck deprived life!) - I will be on this ride. Though I may only allow punning and banter with Teef if he follows through on the 'bump a bump-tiddy bump' by demonstrating his prowess at bunny hopping potholes along the ride...howzat sound?:smile:

Am sold by the massive lunches at the Jolly Farmer - even if you all have to usher me up the hills to get there!

I would'nt worry about them... Just break a spoke, pop off to swap the wheel with another working one and cycle on a nice flat stretch of road missing out anything over a 2% gradiant to catch the peleton near some pub somewhere..! :biggrin:

Alas, said pub will not be freqented so pack a lunch... :sad:

OP
OP
M

mike e

Davywalnuts said:
I would'nt worry about them... Just break a spoke, pop off to swap the wheel with another working one and cycle on a nice flat stretch of road missing out anything over a 2% gradiant to catch the peleton near some pub somewhere..! :biggrin:

"said pub" is the only reason I wanted to do this ride again...:smile:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Davywalnuts said:

Very strategically planned Davy!

No pub lunch?! What? Hmm I don't know, I might have to pull out now..sod the company- you lot weren't that great anyway..either that or bring a whole backpack full of food :smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ttcycle said:
Very strategically planned Davy!

No pub lunch?! What? Hmm I don't know, I might have to pull out now..sod the company- you lot weren't that great anyway..either that or bring a whole backpack full of food :smile:

Do that and your spokes will break!! LOL!

No, I missed out due to the spoke outage... there will a pub shop stop for sure! Its an essential requirement!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Davy, I think I may be somewhat lighter than you..!!
I'm not a fan of long rides with backpacks - am loathe to bring a lock because of this but not risking having third bike stolen!

OP
OP
M

mike e

ttcycle said:
I'm not a fan of long rides with backpacks - am loathe to bring a lock because of this but not risking having third bike stolen!

Nobody messes with bikes on these rides.............we got TEEF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ttcycle said:

:ohmy:Its all rumours! Am light as a feather!

Ill be taking my curly stretchy one (no puns please), fits quite well in the back pocket where sandwiches, crisps, fruit, choc bars and sugary resources will accompany it.. Am sure there will be more locks floating about so you should be fine! But please dont sue me if it happens!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
mike e said:
Nobody messes with bikes on these rides.............we got TEEF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

No fettling of bikes on this ride...Will he be given bodyguard duties? No food needed whilst we chomp down indoors..Teef runs on energy generated by puns and good company. I hope for his sake it isn't raining.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Davywalnuts said:
:ohmy:Its all rumours! Am light as a feather!

Ill be taking my curly stretchy one (no puns please), fits quite well in the back pocket where sandwiches, crisps, fruit, choc bars and sugary resources will accompany it.. Am sure there will be more locks floating about so you should be fine! But please dont sue me if it happens!

Davy mate it sounds like you eat such crap, how do you manage to build up muscle at all? Imagine if you filled up with the good stuff what size your thighs would be..tut tut!!:smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ttcycle said:
Davy mate it sounds like you eat such crap, how do you manage to build up muscle at all? Imagine if you filled up with the good stuff what size your thighs would be..tut tut!!:smile:

After this weekend where everything was battered or deep fried or empty caloried, I cant argue there on that one! :sad:

Its all down to all the white meat and fish I eat! Obviously never on a cycle ride, I've got a kebab munching persona to keep up you know! :biggrin:. And I dont think I want them any bigger however... just doesnt look right with my skinny waist....

Top Bottom