"Park and Ride" Saturday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have so much toot to cart home in my rucksack, I have to wear my Night Vision jacket - it's tropical out there...help!

The pavements will be so hot, the raindrops will be vapourised as soon as they touch down tomorrow...in fact, I don't think they'll bother dropping at all! :thumbsup:

des.o

Veteran
I've already cheated a Metcheck threatened downpour once this week in the Surrey hills and see that the forecast has now been downgraded from deluge to mere rain so there's hope yet. Route looks excellent, so am aiming for Euston at 8:30, but having noted that it comes close to my part of town at a more civilized hour, may call Mike/Aperitif to sort out hooking up with the west bound peleton in the (not unlikely) event of oversleeping.

Good stuff everyone! Optimism is the key. The raffle 'prizes' have been wrapped and I am near the point of allocating numbers to them. Can't remember what is inside but that's an age thing :evil:...this is going to be fun, especially in bandit country oop North London! :ohmy:
If anyone wants my number please pm me/mikee/Des/redjedi/clive/Sig/ I think between us we have everyone covered. (At this moment i am tinkering with a new phone "Shall I, shan't I?" Going to get the info on my PC first and then try and play phones...this could be a disaster for me...xx(

User1314 said:
Only light rain forecast.

Shall I use the fixed with no mudguards or the geared with mudguards? It is a fixed type of ride-day.

And spray rises from my geared bike anyway.

I'll just stay at the back (as usual!!!)

Fixie Crock - I have done the ride twice now...to Staines once and the London leg twice that is...using only a 39 x 14 - whatever that equates to in fixed. The tail end of a couple of slopes bite a bit though - the last 5 metres...that sort of thing. (Chain's not slack I hope?)

311ly0o.jpg

The raffle is ready - can we tempt any more at this late hour..?

des - see you at Euston - the cool bit is the first bit.:evil:

OK. 8:30 Euston, outside cafe nero. Right? See you guys tomorrow. Now i'm going to start carb loading. My pre-ride diet:
Chicken Biriani
Strawberry fizzy laces
Chocolate hob nobs
If chicken nuggets are good enough for Usain Bolt, then after this lot, i hope you lot will be able to keep up.

Tollers

Sig SilverPrinter

cakes in the oven
tc1 i'll try and save some for you,depends how hungry davy is:biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
I left the pub early tonight and was castigated...

Going to sleep off the pints - see you all at 8.30.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh Mikeeee mate! Well pleased for you, and us!!

I am really looking forward to this ride now! One bike now striped and pieced back together, albeit not with the new stuff i've ordered so not a full re-build.. thanks Royal Mail/Union/Gve'ment... But i've think ive finally worked out why my gears were slipping... left of a spacer on the cassette! DOH!! How ever she is nice and shiney now!

So finally I can go home, eat, shave, prepare cycling clothes, get some sleep in and catch you all in the morning with first meet at Waterloo Evans at 8am then onto the posse at, erm, I'll check with Matt tomorrow morning! Not thinking right due to GT45 fumes! Weeeheeee!

And Sig, I've been waiting with eager anticipation to sample your delightful cake again, so I dont think ill even be leaving any crumbs spare! hehehe!

See you all in a few hours!

Top Bottom