"Park and Ride" Saturday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Origamist said:
I left the pub early tonight and was castigated...

Going to sleep off the pints - see you all at 8.30.

Hahahaha! I am jealous!! Not of the Castration however! Beeeeeeeerrrr!! Yum!

Catch ya at 8am!

OP
OP
M

mike e

There are many aspects of this reply that are concerning, I've highlighted a few but I ran out of black marker pen...:smile:

GT45 must be a new southern version of the GT85 we use oop north, sound's like Davy's version has quite a kick to it...:laugh:

Davywalnuts said:
Oh Mikeeee mate! Well pleased for you, and us!!

I am really looking forward to this ride now! One bike now striped and pieced back together, albeit not with the new stuff i've ordered so not a full re-build.. thanks Royal Mail/Union/Gve'ment... But i've think ive finally worked out why my gears were slipping... left of a spacer on the cassette! DOH!! How ever she is nice and shiney now!

So finally I can go home, eat, shave, prepare cycling clothes, get some sleep in and catch you all in the morning with first meet at Waterloo Evans at 8am then onto the posse at, erm, I'll check with Matt tomorrow morning! Not thinking right due to GT45 fumes! Weeeheeee!

And Sig, I've been waiting with eager anticipation to sample your delightful cake again, so I dont think ill even be leaving any crumbs spare! hehehe!

See you all in a few hours!

OP
OP
M

mike e

How have I managed to reply above the quote? Maybe starting to lose it myself, albeit I haven't been inhaling GT05/15/25/35/45/55/65/75 or 85...:smile:

It always happens, just before a trip down south...:laugh:

OP
OP
M

mike e

stevevw said:
I hope you all have a great park and rain ride :laugh:

Mikee about time you went to bed is it not?

Your right, I just needed telling...

See you all at Euston in the morning.

redjedi

Über Member
Well in preparation for my first ride in nearly 4 weeks.....I went out drinking after work. :biggrin:

Just got home with a Davy special for dinner and a spinning head. I've found that half a dozen pints really works well at killing any pain I had, until someone shook my hand. :ohmy:

Better get some sleep now or I'll never make it.

Hopefully I'll get up in time to see you all in the morning.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
mikeee! please leave me and the garden fairies to dance the night away big box little boxes styleeee, without having to worry about my grammar and inaccuries! hehe! and yes, get to bed!

home now n no time to shave so your all going to have to see my cave man impersonation! but my beautiful bike is now dirty again, bloody rain! oh, talking of which, would someone be so kind as to bring some wet lube please if that's okay as i've forgotten to re- lube! ohh err missies! hehe

luke!! that'sjust not right! everyone drunk or having kebab except me! grrr!

Davywalnuts said:
mikeee! please leave me and the garden fairies to dance the night away big box little boxes styleeee, without having to worry about my grammar and inaccuries! hehe! and yes, get to bed!

home now n no time to shave so your all going to have to see my cave man impersonation! but my beautiful bike is now dirty again, bloody rain! oh, talking of which, would someone be so kind as to bring some wet lube please if that's okay as i've forgotten to re- lube! ohh err missies! hehe

luke!! that'sjust not right! everyone drunk or having kebab except me! grrr!

<Tom Jones singing voice> What's new pussycat? I'll bring you some oil Davy...are you sure you know where you're going?

"Oil meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I'm sure oil meet again some sunny day..."

Thanks steve, should be a good bunch of drunks peloton on this ride...:ohmy:

Sig SilverPrinter

I really shouldn't have drunk so much last night
see you all soon

redjedi

Über Member
I drank far too much last night, and when I got up at 6am I was still drunk.
I could barely walk in a straight line so decided not to risk it on the bike.

I'm very disappointed with myself:sad:

Hope you are all having a nice ride.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Really nice ride and the weather was kinder than anticipated.

Aperitif and Mistral marshalled the group with authority and aplomb. There were some great sights (and I don't mean the cheerleaders Davy!), relaxing paths, a fantastic lottery, a beautiful sewage works and a welcoming pub.

Nice to meet: Tollers, TTCycle and Mistral.

Sorry for arriving late and departing early. Off to the pub now.

PS Tollers - the excellent South Indian veggie curry house in Tooting is the Kastori!

Cooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm back.

What a lovely day - one to etch into the glass of CycleChat memories.

I switched on my PC to be met with that message: "Your computer may be at risk etc..." It sure will be if I risk uploading the 'Davywalnuts meets people of the same height photo" :reading::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: High risk stuff for a family forum. :blush:
The magical mistral tour along the Thames was great and I think the mix of juxtapositions, contrasts, chiaroscuro - all set to a falling leaves scenario made the day.(Long words included for mikee's 'How to be a Southerner Course' Part xiv Chapter 4 :biggrin:) As mistral and I have absolutely nothing in common, divergent thinkers etc, we both arrrived at the sidings of creativity at the same time, which goes to show that great minds think alike :welcome: I liked his memento; thoughtful, and totally 'just so' for the day - thanks Mick.
The rain?
What rain.:evil:
Up yours metcheck.
But I'm stopping now for two reasons. I need to get a shower (the washing machine is already going through the motions with my sordid vetements) and get to the beer refilling store as I am in need of drinking a couple of cooling ales right now.
A lovely day - thanks all for coming along and making it so...

In true Mouseketeer fashion, and showing a loyalty bred of experiencing previous meanders through the land, topcat1 / Dave decided he would meet us after work (he started at 05:00) and hoof it down to Windsor for a rendezvous for the last part of the ride...
Unbeknown to him,there was an International rugby league match scheduled at the Stoop, in Twickenham, and his (usually empty train) consequent attempts to board a train at Vauxhall were to no avail. Undeterred, he went to Teddington ;) and blasted his way to Windsor. Just in time to say cheerio to all the others who were catching the 18:25 to Waterloo! :blush:
Dedication - and showing a spirit which has grown within this year of riding.
We rode back towards town together, and still had time for a bag of chips and a laugh.
That is what it is all about.
I did 163.something something for the day.

Yes Hmmmm. I think you could be called upon to do the 'SNRttR' before the year is out. That would be a novelty... roll about ten minutes out of Hyde Park Corner, pile into your Dad's place, eat all his grub, get pi**ed and remember nothing. (Sounds too much like a day at work though...);)

Top Bottom