"Park and Ride" Saturday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

mike e

better add another highlight....

That been Sig's cake of course, and your flapjack was nice also Mick.

Any others....

Best dressed, has to be Gersh...:laugh:
Worst dressed, not at liberty to say...:smile:

OK - we're all at work now, so there's loads of time to faff about with snaps! :smile:
Here's a fine way to start the week, albeit with a lousy photo (not the subject matter - of course) of a piece of future history. Nearly a 'full house'.
The mistral memento
50jlgh.jpg

Origamist

Legendary Member
Who's Orgamist!

Great write-up and pics.

I was almost offended at being described as a stretched out version of Davy, but then I remembered that it was me that made the comparison.

Glad to hear that everyone made it back safely...

mistral

Guru
Only one typo, not bad for me, but I do apologise, if anyone (on the ride!) wants another copy pm me your contact details.

The electricity sub-station in Kingston is the only remains of a huge power station that was generating electricity up to 1980, now mostly luxury flats.

I could also have taken you past a couple of rusting but highly photogenic gasometers, also in Kingston.

Mike, I didn't know you had such an interest in dereliction & industrial heritage, could be the basis of an interesting ride .....?

des.o

Veteran
Great day out on the bike again - just goes to show how much attention you should pay to Metcheck. Brilliant route yet again from Aperitif, good call for a lunch venue and excellent company all round. Can't add much to the ride reports above - so Friday to look forward to now. Odds on getting that spoke fixed by then....slim.

Who's Orgamist!

Well, funny you should ask. It is a (very) little known fact that 'Orgamist' is the minature version of Origamist.
'Mini-Matt' - as he is sometimes known, used to be a hairdresser until his business folded. Since then, he's been happy to come along with Big Matt - snoozing in the saddlebag until let out to play.
Here he is, unable to resist fiddling with the waitresses' tresses, searching out those split ends...
b4f6up.jpg

Origamist

Legendary Member
Orgamist/Origamist typo! That's the poorest justification to post a picture of a pretty, blond haired waitress that I have come across in a long time...

Well done, - Davy would be proud:biggrin:

Origamist said:
Orgamist/Origamist typo! That's the poorest justification to post a picture of a pretty, blond haired waitress that I have come across in a long time...

Well done, - Davy would be proud:biggrin:
:wacko:

Did anyone see Elvis Presley that afternoon? I think I did...I'm being serious here.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Aperitif said:
:thumbsup:

Did anyone see Elvis Presley that afternoon? I think I did...I'm being serious here.

'Teef what did they sneak into your drink?
I agree with Origamist your excuse for posting a picture of the waitress was very tenuous!!

OP
OP
M

mike e

des.o said:
Great day out on the bike again - just goes to show how much attention you should pay to Metcheck. Brilliant route yet again from Aperitif, good call for a lunch venue and excellent company all round. Can't add much to the ride reports above - so Friday to look forward to now. Odds on getting that spoke fixed by then....slim.

You could always debut your new "ti ride" Des...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

mike e

mistral said:
Only one typo, not bad for me, but I do apologise, if anyone (on the ride!) wants another copy pm me your contact details.

The electricity sub-station in Kingston is the only remains of a huge power station that was generating electricity up to 1980, now mostly luxury flats.

I could also have taken you past a couple of rusting but highly photogenic gasometers, also in Kingston.

Mike, I didn't know you had such an interest in dereliction & industrial heritage, could be the basis of an interesting ride .....?

My favourite building has to be Battersea Power Station, indeed I even have a really nice colour photograph of it on my living room wall.

Another suggestion for a future themed ride could be bridges:-

Tower
Humber
Forth
Erskine
Severn Crossing

It would be quite a ride and may take longer than a day...

Or,
Knightsbridge,
Stamford Bridge,
Uxbridge,
Cambridge!

Des has the nucleus of a 'Memorial Ride' - following two convos about Richard Burton on the last two rides...Karl Marx, Marc Bolan, there's a guy out in Laleham (excuse for trail down the river) who's name escapes me...um
and of course, Stanley Spencer, famous artist, who is buried in Cookham - just down the way from 'The Jolly Farmer' (second tenuous usage of the day :thumbsup: )

Edit: Matthew Arnold - poet - buried in All Saints Churchyard. Also the hanging out zone of Lord Lucan. (That would be a trophy photo - a pic of him!)

We'll call the new thread: "Des O Late Days" Ride Winter is a neat time for this line of misery...

mistral

Guru
Or Marx to Morris - Highgate - Kelmscott, could take in Churchill en route at Blenheim, definitely one for the longer days though

Top Bottom