"Park and Ride" Saturday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Sorry for late replies, off work this week so very limited internet access!

So ill be short and sweet as just popping through to pick up some bike purchases!

What a ride! Loved it! Just show's what you can really do with yourself when you want to, regardless of the weather! So well done one and all!

Great right ups and loving the photos!

Teef' have you got the one of me in the middle of the cheer leaders? Could you forward it to me please? Thanks!

Was very nice meeting new faces and catching up with old! Shame I had to leave you all but at least I got to Windsor Great Park.

So, the next ride... and who's spoke will break this time?? hahaha!

PS. Thanks again to the gifts, postcard and cake, was all great and shows what a brilliant unit we have!

It's another little-known fact that, during the long journeys down South from 'oop North' mikee has been studying hard. Not only is he up to Chapter XIV of his 'Book of Long Words' but he is also studying palmistry.
I was lucky enough to record the moment when mike informed Des that he was "rather fixed in his ways", but was "due a lucky break sometime soon" :biggrin:
rmofo5.jpg

Des O and Des tiny...

Davywalnuts said:
Sorry for late replies, off work this week so very limited internet access!

So ill be short and sweet as just popping through to pick up some bike purchases!

What a ride! Loved it! Just show's what you can really do with yourself when you want to, regardless of the weather! So well done one and all!

Great right ups and loving the photos!

Teef' have you got the one of me in the middle of the cheer leaders? Could you forward it to me please? Thanks!

Was very nice meeting new faces and catching up with old! Shame I had to leave you all but at least I got to Windsor Great Park.

So, the next ride... and who's spoke will break this time?? hahaha!

PS. Thanks again to the gifts, postcard and cake, was all great and shows what a brilliant unit we have!

No. :biggrin:

(Haha - it's ok - he's off work for a week)

So.
Elvis lives.
In Shepperton.
I know that we were all shook up after the little bit of off-road in Hampstead and, when it came to dinner, Davy nearly didn't get one for the money. However, only the lonely could fail to see Elvis sunning himself on the balcony of the house in this photo - which caught my eye as it had a Lutyens bench in the front garden...
2znpnk5.jpg

I.m not sure but he might have been singing quietly to himself.."I ain't nothing but a Hounslow..."

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Aperitif said:
So.
Elvis lives.
In Shepperton.
I know that we were all shook up after the little bit of off-road in Hampstead and, when it came to dinner, Davy nearly didn't get one for the money. However, only the lonely could fail to see Elvis sunning himself on the balcony of the house in this photo - which caught my eye as it had a Lutyens bench in the front garden...

I.m not sure but he might have been singing quietly to himself.."I ain't nothing but a Hounslow..."

How do you know he is called Elvis, looks more like Sweep or Sooty to me.
And that chap on the balcony upstairs, what is he holding between his legs. :laugh::tongue:

Naughty Speicher - you're the devil in disguise! I know you probably think that it's a big hunk o' love but let me assure you, it's only suspicious minds that come to conclusionsendings like that. ;)
Nah - it's Elvis, without a doubt.
Naughty Speicher. :biggrin:

I noticed Elvis too. Well, i noticed a really odd bloke on the balcony, but didnt quite click. Jacko next time? I think there is a whole new breed of pedal powered paps emerging.

Mikee. Thanks for calling me a highlight! Well, that's how i'm going to interpret it anyway. :smile:

That ride really was quite good therapy for the soul. I'm not used to feeling peacefull on a Monday morning, so i put it down to you guys....or maybe it was just riding to work in the glorious sunshine!

I'm now trying to work up the courage to try the Friday night ride.....not frightened of the ride itself, but lack of sleep. I guess if there's a smooth straight road i can catch a few zzzz's.

Tollers

Yes Mark - sleep is good, but not on the FNRttC, nor the following morning on the SMRbtL, not to mention LOBitP in between...
Anyway, back to Saturday and the helter-skelter that has involved; George Orwell, Keats, The American Ambassador, Prince Albert, The whole of New England, us and George IV - and a cast of thousands dressed as the general public.
mikee had something to say about all of the events of the day. No wonder then, as the ride drew to a conclusion, he was left feeling a little horse...
2a68pxv.jpg

:smile: Night night everybody.

OP
OP
M

mike e

Here come the pic's, starting with everyone's favourite...:smile:

A great entrance...
23tr0q1.jpg

The lady with the coffee was entertained, not as much as the ladies behind...
vzd6j4.jpg

OP
OP
M

mike e

If you have an idea for a ride and need a mastermind to pull it off you'll need to hunt down this man. Find him at his gaff in Regent's Park, he had it specially built after buying the bike...
2crkc5h.jpg

OP
OP
M

mike e

Teef looked after us in the morning, he took us through lovely parks and past historical buildings, it was enlightening and interesting...
2lbpbps.jpg

28cinw1.jpg

148lkw8.jpg

Not a great pic as I was on the move...
2eamjux.jpg

OP
OP
M

mike e

In the afternoon Mistral took charge, try as he might he just couldn't match the great show by Teef...:smile:

An electricity sub-station...:biggrin:
2qw293t.jpg

A big pile of bricks...:blush::sad:
9sfebr.jpg

Another big pile of bricks cunningly formed into a shopping centre...:hugs::sad::thumbsup:
npgayx.jpg

Sewage works...:biggrin::sad::sad::sad:
2910t8j.jpg

iLB

Hello there
so of all the CC rides i;ve done this year, you stumble across cheer leaders when i'm stuck 'oop north developing a bleeding northern accent (the horror), not impressed :tongue:

Top Bottom