Park Bike Stand Question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
So I have gone mad and got myself a Park Bike Mechanical Repair Stand at £130 and now have it all fixed up and ready to go but.
How is the best way to hold a bike in the stand without damaging it as the grips seem a tad bit vicious..
I did youtube for ages but I couldn't find anything that would help.
Cheers

RebornBumbler

By the seatpost, I'd imagine.

bpsmith

Veteran
I have the PCS10 and clamp around the seat post, with no issues. Not tried the top tube, as don't want to potentially mark the finish. In saying that, there's mo marks in the seat post yet either.

If you have the same as me, then there is a ratchet type mechanism on the clamp. You flip the handle to clamp and can also turn it to tighten the grip before or during clamping. Personally, I like to adjust it so that it's a tiny bit loose when I flip the clamp and then turn it to tighten up. No need to be major tight though. Just enough to hold it steady is fine. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I have the PCS10 and clamp around the seat post, with no issues. Not tried the top tube, as don't want to potentially mark the finish. In saying that, there's mo marks in the seat post yet either.

If you have the same as me, then there is a ratchet type mechanism on the clamp. You flip the handle to clamp and can also turn it to tighten the grip before or during clamping. Personally, I like to adjust it so that it's a tiny bit loose when I flip the clamp and then turn it to tighten up. No need to be major tight though. Just enough to hold it steady is fine. Hope this helps.

That's a great help cheers.. Do you put a cloth or rag in the grips or not bother?

bpsmith

Veteran
That's a great help cheers.. Do you put a cloth or rag in the grips or not bother?
I don't put anything between the grips when using the seat post, but I would consider doing so on the top tube if I went that route. No reason to in my mind though.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I might have to use the top tube on my Trek as the seat post clamp is smack in the middle, and not sure if you should grip over a clamp?
The other bikes will be OK I think.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I wouldn't even consider clamping over a seat clamp. No way.

That's what I was thinking.
PS.. Just by chance this question.. do you have a link to torque settings for Shimano bikes, I have looked and found a site but its a tad confusing..

bpsmith

Veteran
Check out this link @Boon 51, to Shimano's site. Choose your groupse t at the top and then the component at the bottom and then the model you have on next page. There are User Manuals and Dealer Manuals. The former are very basic, but the latter go in depth. The torque settings are shown on the Dealer versions. Great resource in fairness.

http://si.shimano.com/#categories/149

bpsmith

Veteran
I might have to use the top tube on my Trek as the seat post clamp is smack in the middle, and not sure if you should grip over a clamp?
The other bikes will be OK I think.
Actually, I am a bit confused why the clamp is in the middle. Any pics?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Check out this link @Boon 51, to Shimano's site. Choose your groupse t at the top and then the component at the bottom and then the model you have on next page. There are User Manuals and Dealer Manuals. The former are very basic, but the latter go in depth. The torque settings are shown on the Dealer versions. Great resource in fairness.

http://si.shimano.com/#categories/149

Thanks for this I will check later..
Paul..

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Tablet1.jpg

Tablet1.jpg
Just got a tablet for christmas and its a bit hard loading something till you have done it a few times..
Anyway thats where my clamp is on my SL 8 Emondo

Top Bottom