Park tools

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i am in praise of this dream piece of kit from park tools. Not only did it make feeding disc brake outer through the frame an absolute doddle, it also made feeding the same outer through my aerobars a cinch too

IMG_0007.PNG

bpsmith

Veteran
i am in praise of this dream piece of kit from park tools. Not only did it make feeding disc brake outer through the frame an absolute doddle, it also made feeding the same outer through my aerobars a cinch too

View attachment 379427
Very nearly bought that kit when I did my aero bars. Managed most of it fine without, but the last bit getting the outer back out of the small exit hole was tricky. No doubt a lot easier with that very reasonably priced kit.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Very nearly bought that kit when I did my aero bars. Managed most of it fine without, but the last bit getting the outer back out of the small exit hole was tricky. No doubt a lot easier with that very reasonably priced kit.
It was so nice having it there bp.........I've always failed feeding the cable through the bars and ended up wasting the fact I have them by wrapping tape fully, but not now

bpsmith

Veteran
It was so nice having it there bp.........I've always failed feeding the cable through the bars and ended up wasting the fact I have them by wrapping tape fully, but not now
I had very delicious cate thin tubing in mine when new. Fed inners through, then fed outers, the opposite way, over the inners. Worked well, but getting the outer around the bend near the hoods was tricky without kinking the inner.

Glad your enjoying the half wrapped bars. Looks and feels nicer. Arguable aero benefits...plus a 30gm weight saving of course. :smile:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I had very delicious cate thin tubing in mine when new. Fed inners through, then fed outers, the opposite way, over the inners. Worked well, but getting the outer around the bend near the hoods was tricky without kinking the inner.

Glad your enjoying the half wrapped bars. Looks and feels nicer. Arguable aero benefits...plus a 30gm weight saving of course. :smile:
It was around the bottom bracket that was the hardest with the frame, just couldn't get it round there at all, but this made it so easy. It's on my tool shelf now ready for the next time.

bpsmith

Veteran
It was around the bottom bracket that was the hardest with the frame, just couldn't get it round there at all, but this made it so easy. It's on my tool shelf now ready for the next time.
Can I assume that your cabling goes through the chainstay then, or are you referring to the front derailleur?

One of my bikes has the cabling coming out of the frame at BB, whilst the other goes through the chainstay. The bespoke liner allegedly stops at the BB, so have to feed a second liner in from the back accordingly to manufacturer. Really want to swap the bars to newer bike, but have not yet, for this very reason.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can I assume that your cabling goes through the chainstay then, or are you referring to the front derailleur?

One of my bikes has the cabling coming out of the frame at BB, whilst the other goes through the chainstay. The bespoke liner allegedly stops at the BB, so have to feed a second liner in from the back accordingly to manufacturer. Really want to swap the bars to newer bike, but have not yet, for this very reason.
Yes goes through the chain stay to the disc caliper........front and rear mechs are etap, so no cabling there luckily enough

bpsmith

Veteran
If you feed the inner cable through first (helps if it has a 'soldered end') then the outer slides over that easily, 'backwards'.

Old school me.
Yup. As I did it above. Not without its issues though.

bpsmith

Veteran
Yes goes through the chain stay to the disc caliper........front and rear mechs are etap, so no cabling there luckily enough
Now you’ve gone and opened a can of blinking worms!

Have been hankering over etap since it was released. What’s your opinion compared to Ultegra (cabled version, not Di2) for example?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Now you’ve gone and opened a can of blinking worms!

Have been hankering over etap since it was released. What’s your opinion compared to Ultegra (cabled version, not Di2) for example?
Its a riders dream, simple set-up and very easy to use...........especially when going down hill on the drips flicking through the gears, its just soooooo smooth

I am always impressed with the quality of Park Tools. I have just bought a pair of their cable-cutters. £25 seems steep, but they really are top notch. I like my cables crisp and clean!

Top Bottom