Parking charge notice for ride london 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kiwifruit

Über Member
Today I received a parking charge notice from ParkingEye. I was a bit shock as the ride was nearly 3 months ago. I have booked a parking space at Surrey Quays in London through the Ride London website, and got my confirmation from them. On the day of the ride I got to the designated parking space and showed my confirmation and the print out of the sheet that you display on the dash board to the parking attendence. So i be appealing this, i have attached the confirmation email and a copy of my credit card statement with that transaction. I hope that will be enough evidence. My work colleague parked in the same car park he didn't get one. Has a anyone had this issue?

Drago

Legendary Member
When you send off the paperwork include an invoice of your own for £100 for the time spent responding to a letter for a civil debt you do not owe.

Last edited:

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
If you haven't already, don't confirm to them who was driving. In the event that they're trying to push a penalty due to some technicality they can only claim against the driver at the time and it's up to them to prove who it was. If they haven't got any proof and you don't tell them then the charge is unenforceable. A recent change in the legislation (Protection of Freedoms Act 2012) does allow parking companies to enforce charges against the keeper of the vehicle but in that case they should have got the charge notice to you within 14 days of the incident so that chance has gone too.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
If you haven't already, don't confirm to them who was driving. In the event that they're trying to push a penalty due to some technicality they can only claim against the driver at the time and it's up to them to prove who it was. If they haven't got any and you don't tell them then the charge is unenforceable. A recent change in the legislation (Protection of Freedoms Act 2012) does allow parking companies to enforce charges against the keeper of the vehicle but in that case they should have got the charge notice to you within 14 days of the incident so that chance has gone too.
Would that mean not sending a copy of the piece displayed on the dashboard, as this would be given to the driver for the day in question?

http://www.appealnow.com/parking-tickets/time-limits/

Last edited:

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I would imagine that would simply indicate that the car was entitled to park, it wouldn't necessarily identify the driver at the time.
Usually an "Issued to" on the form and not just the vehicle registration. Was it missed by the person who was in the car park?

Top Bottom