Parking in Manchester - help please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Google is being useless. I don't know the area and would like to know:

Is it possible to park within walking distance (couple miles or so) of the O2 Ritz for free?

Failing that, where is close and cheap?

Would anyone like to come and hear Sunn with me tomorrow night (I've got a spare ticket)?

Alex H

Legendary Member
http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/near/the-ritz-2/

Not free, (a bit outside your walking limit) but close & cheap.

PaulB

Legendary Member
No, you won't get anywhere within what anyone would call walking distance for free in that part of Manchester. If I was going near there (Bridgewater Hall for instance), I'd park in that one opposite the Lass o' Gowrie and have a pint in there. When the BBC was there, you'd have a good chance of seeing someone famous or slightly famous in the Lass.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We rarely take the car in to central Manchester these days as our local train service is good. Your chances of finding cheap parking close by are limited, for a concert, allowing 5 hours, I'd reckon on £18-20 though pre-booking with NCP can reduce this slightly. If you're prepared to walk for 2 miles, 30-40 minutes, have you considered getting a train in to Oxford Road, which is the station we use this for this area, or using the tram? With the tram I think you could park as far out as Altrincham and be in the centre in 30/35 minutes. I only suggest Altrincham because I worked there and know free parking is available.

These are suggestions not cast iron certainties! I've no idea when the tram stops running

PS - there used to be a car park on Cambridge Road which wasn't too expensive - my son lived opposite 3-4 years ago. Could be appartments now!

If you're coming from Whitley Bay one possible car route is from the M60 down Ashton Road. There is a new tram line which goes to the centre from the area. Might be worth looking at. There is free parking in the area. Look at Seymour Road South, again my lad lived there, I parked there many times for football or concerts at the Etihad without any problems.

Last edited:

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
No, you won't get anywhere within what anyone would call walking distance for free in that part of Manchester. If I was going near there (Bridgewater Hall for instance), I'd park in that one opposite the Lass o' Gowrie and have a pint in there. When the BBC was there, you'd have a good chance of seeing someone famous or slightly famous in the Lass.

Quality pre gig recommendation!

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
IMG_20170715_193432.jpg

Freds Dad

Veteran
Park on Charles St Car Park M1 3BB and walk to The Ritz. Its less than half a mile and the parking will cost you £2.

Another good pub is Britons Protection on Gt Bridgewater St.

Doseone

Guru
I went to a football match at the old Maine Road stadium in Manchester once and was approached by some nice young lads who said I could park where I liked for £5 and nothing would happen to my car.

Top Bottom