Parking in Manchester - help please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I went to a football match at the old Maine Road stadium in Manchester once and was approached by some nice young lads who said I could park where I liked for £5 and nothing would happen to my car.

Same happened to me. When I pointed out I had a Rottweiler in the car in case anyone broke in, they asked if it could put fires out.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Another for Charles Street carpark (Manchester Uni). The one opposite the Lass O Gowrie has been built on now.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Charles Street was my parking destination, thanks for the recommendations!

Also, pro tip, when you're given ear buds to protect your hearing, use them.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I went to a football match at the old Maine Road stadium in Manchester once and was approached by some nice young lads who said I could park where I liked for £5 and nothing would happen to my car.
Once when I was a student in Salford/Manchester I was wandering down Chapel Street when a car load of nice young drunken Glaswegian football supporter lads pulled up alongside me. One leaned out of the front passenger window and said "*** *** *** ***lookin' fe the main road."

I replied that they were on the main road.

The man looked like he wanted to get out of the car and kill me, but he tried again. "*** *** *** MAIN ROAD!!!"

Once again I pointed out that this was one of the main roads through Salford into Manchester city centre.

"MAIN FERKIN ROAD!!!!"

He'd clearly had too much to drink ... "THIS - IS - THE - MAIN - ROAD!"

30 seconds of obscenities, then "ARE YE TEKKIN THE FERKIN P*SS! M - A - I - N - E Road, Maine Road - Manchester City football ground!!!".

Oh crap ... "Sorry mate, I don't know where it is!" :blush::whistle::wacko:

*** = something incomprehensible to anyone other than a drunken Glaswegian football supporter!

itchybeard

Quite a few places to park. Outdoor parking on gravel car parks, £3.50 all day and overnight! you'll spot them.

Otherwise on weekends, park and ride. Excellent. i park at Eccles as im coming from M6/M61. Short Journey to Eccles, park and ride car park, free all weekend inc overnight. Metro is there, £3.00 return (but no one checks anyways) passing media city, Salford quays, Lowery, War museum into town. Approx ride, 15 mins.

Top Bottom