Parking Karma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
How to treat car drivers who park in verges and pavements.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/car-trapped-grass-verge-after-1169217

Globalti

Legendary Member
Those bollards are not recently installed, there's no mess of soil around them and the grass and dead leaves are undisturbed. It looks as if the car was driven there and hurriedly abandoned, the un-parked wipers support that.

Edit: just read to the end of the article and yes, the car was abandoned and has been there for quite a while.

Still, it makes a good story doesn't it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Those bollards are not recently installed, there's no mess of soil around them and the grass and dead leaves are undisturbed. It looks as if the car was driven there and hurriedly abandoned, the un-parked wipers support that.

Edit: just read to the end of the article and yes, the car was abandoned and has been there for quite a while.

Still, it makes a good story doesn't it!

I know. I wish this would happen to some serial verge parkers I see all the time in Bristol. Up the road from my house there is a small green space at a crossroads that gives the area a bit of a 'village' feeling. Vehicles parked on the verge rutted the soil behind the kerb stones to about 18 inches and they started to fall into the ruts. The council repaired the ruts and put some bollards in up to the end of the road. Result?...drivers simply parked further along. So council came back, put bollards all the way around. Result?...no..some car drivers decided to use the pavement to drive onto the green. Or they squeeze in between the bollards. I guess that they may well be the same people who moan about cyclists on pavements (and that cycle lanes cause congestion). But when they need to park the car...different story eh?.
001.png

I have lived in numerous places in Bristol, three locations ended up with dumped cars outside the house for months on end....

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's a bit of discussion going on via email about cars parked on the pavement at the end of our street, which makes it awkward for pedestrians and for vehicles emerging onto the main road. Two of the cars belong to a Borough Councillor and his wife who live a mile away, drive to work and use the address opposite for a chirpopody clinic and office. I know that because they have personalised plates.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
There's a bit of discussion going on via email about cars parked on the pavement at the end of our street, which makes it awkward for pedestrians and for vehicles emerging onto the main road. Two of the cars belong to a Borough Councillor and his wife who live a mile away, drive to work and use the address opposite for a chirpopody clinic and office. I know that because they have personalised plates.

Diagonal corner parkers by any chance?. They seem a bit lazy if they live a mile away - 20 mins walk or 10 mins cycle. Bus??. Have noted increase in vehicles paveparking near me - gym opened recently 200 yards down the street.

Globalti

Legendary Member
As I've written elsewhere on this forum, my late sister used a mobility scooter and a few times I witnessed with a mixture of horror and admiration how she used to deal with pavement parkers - she would steer her scooter and scrape along their paintwork while muttering: "serves 'em f***ing right!"

Top Bottom