parkrun is back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I know this is a cycling forum but a number of us also love running...and I suspect some might like parkrun too. Anyway...it's back on June 5th and I am TEARY with excitement. I'm on the core team for our local parkrun and it has been the loveliest thing to get involved with. Such a great community event. I cannot wait for this lovely snippet of normality to be back again on June 5th!

Huzzah!

(I know they had it in Guernsey a few months ago - although as soon as I read about it, G had a new massive outbreak :sad: )

parKrun is the coolest grass-roots inclusive sport thingy I have ever met. We live in the middle of our local course!
(not a very exciting one - it's mainly round a housing estate ... )

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I know this is a cycling forum but a number of us also love running...and I suspect some might like parkrun too. Anyway...it's back on June 5th and I am TEARY with excitement. I'm on the core team for our local parkrun and it has been the loveliest thing to get involved with. Such a great community event. I cannot wait for this lovely snippet of normality to be back again on June 5th!
Our local 10k is normally organised for mid July. Wonder if it might go ahead. Be interesting to see how the summer months pan out. Here’s hoping at least a few things can go ahead.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't wait until the local Tuesday night MTB group run - it's been restricted to just 6, then stopped, but never managed to get on it. Should be resuming soon.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Is that official?
i filled out a members survey this morning and the impression i got was that they were still planning.

Reactions: C R
Pesky legal insurance!

Mike_P

Guru
Wouldn't put money on any date yet, the timescales given are all "no earlier than" (something the press are ignoring) and the lifting of lockdown elements could be later.

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
I signed up for park run around 7 years ago, never actually got around to doing a run but still get emails all the time ^_^

Got to be a sign of normality returning :okay:

Top Bottom