parkrun is back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Group runs are allowed; the problem is that Parkrun haven't found a way to make THEIR system work under the current circumstances.

You and me, Beebo, could setup a local event with pre-registration to limit numbers, no problem. But I know *I* can't be arsed - how about you??

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Group runs are allowed; the problem is that Parkrun haven't found a way to make THEIR system work under the current circumstances.

You and me, Beebo, could setup a local event with pre-registration to limit numbers, no problem. But I know *I* can't be arsed - how about you??
I was thinking of starting a 'Not Parkrun 5k' at 0900 Saturdays on the seafront...just like Parkrun....but not!

Hoorah!
Yippee, they ARE coming back. 26th June will be the opening day. Expect to see bumper turnouts everywhere.
Will be interesting to see! (I will be 3 hrs into a long ride when our neighbourhood one starts).
My impression - from cycling events amongst other things - is that a lot of folks are still hiding in bunkers (rightly or wrongly) so the pool of willing athletes has shrunk a little. Might be a stampede, might just be a healthy trickle ...

I might try one of these - never done it before

But I think I'll leave it for a week or two after it restart
Might wander up on my bike to see how it works and how many people turn up

PaulB

Legendary Member

How it works? People turn up - remembering their barcodes from their free entry to the wonderful parkrun family - run around following the runner in front - unless you are especially fast in which case you'll need to listen to the description of the course from the time-keeper - and run until you reach the finish line at (approximately) three point one miles.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Hoorah!

Will be interesting to see! (I will be 3 hrs into a long ride when our neighbourhood one starts).
My impression - from cycling events amongst other things - is that a lot of folks are still hiding in bunkers (rightly or wrongly) so the pool of willing athletes has shrunk a little. Might be a stampede, might just be a healthy trickle ...
It's a stampede. Every actual race (not parkruns) that have announced a date have filled up their total allocation within minutes so simple local races have become as difficult to get into as the London Marathon.

If you're going to take part do register on the website ahead of time and print out your barcode.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

New runners are always welcome but I agree that the first one back may not be the best one to start with. There are bound to be teething problems.

Top Bottom