Part needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
H

HOU5EY

It will be longer on the outside, where you need it to be to move the crankset further out.
Thanks, I'll take out the bottom bracket tomorrow and look at getting one with a longer axle. This little project of mine is becoming more complicated than I thought :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks, I'll take out the bottom bracket tomorrow and look at getting one with a longer axle. This little project of mine is becoming more complicated than I thought :smile:
Don't they all. :biggrin: (well mine do anyway)

Citius

The old one came with the bike from new. As did the bb,

Precisely. And now you are trying to fit a new chainset to a BB with an axle length which is not compatible. If you google the chainset you have (the new one) you should be able to find somewhere what length BB it is intended for.

OP
OP
H

HOU5EY

Precisely. And now you are trying to fit a new chainset to a BB with an axle length which is not compatible. If you google the chainset you have (the new one) you should be able to find somewhere what length BB it is intended for.
:smile: oh dear, the wife's gonna kill me. Little project I said, won't cost much. I've had more parts arrive than postman pats sorting centre. I guess a bottom bracket won't harm :smile:

Top Bottom