1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parts of your job you hate

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Kirstie, 16 Jun 2008.

1. Today I am having MASSIVE trouble getting going on a task which I LOATHE - drafting teaching material. It would be OK if I was vaguely interested in the subject matter, but frankly it bores me to death and i'd have more fun sticking forks in my eyes and scooping them out with hot spoons. The result is I've been sitting here looking at this for a whole day, with a looming deadline, and I've not written a word. It's crap and I hate it xx(;):sad::angry:

What parts of your job do you hate and why, and even better are you doing it today so I know I'm not alone :wacko:

2. Regulator

Regulator Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

I hate dealing with incompetent or out of their depth solicitors. You'd be surprised how many there are in my particular field. Why people think it is appropriate to go to a high street solicitor for advice on a regulatory matter I don't know... they'd get as good advice asking at the local corner shop or fishmongers. :angry:

3. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

I hate pretty much all of it. It's good when I get to travel, and it's good when the bosses are away, but otherwise it's a nightmare!

Why is this world filled with managers who have no people skills whatsoever?

I blame the Peter Principle!

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I've barely done a thing for over a week now, just nothing to do at all! Very boring.

5. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Night shifts. Where I am at the moment I don't have to do them too often, but as the railways are a 24 hr. system I should of got used to them after 34 years, but I still don't like them.

6. fancy writing some teaching material? :angry:

7. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

Dealing with Leicester city councilxx(

8. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Eeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm.....................no! :angry:

9. yello

yello Guru

I don't have a job so knowing what to do with my time can be difficult... but I'm not complaining!

10. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

timesheets, of course.

11. I just wrote 10 words. Time for a cup of tea...

12. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

you're in the wrong thread kirstie :angry:

13. walker

walker New Member

I leave this job next wednesday, but I've always hated calling uk Numbers, only to be diverted to India or something and the person doesn't speak any English.

14. Mr Pig

Mr Pig New Member

Not much about my job I like! Big noisy, smelly, dirty machines. Whoopee doo!

15. Sorry :sad: