parts of your job you hate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I really like my work. What I don't/didn't like was being told very late on in the day that other stuff needed doing. I prefer it when people who know stuff is due to be done tell me sooner so that I can do it in paid time rather then my own time.

Oh, the other thing I don't like is not knowing if I am going to be teaching again in September. The college won't tell me until the day my first class turns up wondering who their teacher is going to be. That really annoys me.

Sorry, Kirstie, but I enjoy every aspect of my job!
Good money, good hours, plenty of perks, good workmates, sense of achievement and job-satisfaction (makes up for the dozens of shitty jobs I've had). ;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Joe24 said:
I've no job, off school and it is really really crap. I go out on my bike in the morning, in the afternoon i sit by the computer or just sit around.;) Nothing much on TV in the day either, and by the afternoon its repeats from the morning.
But then again, the amount of cycling i do get to do, the lack of traffic because it isnt rush hour and normally the warmer weather at the times i go out is goooooooood:becool:
Anyone want to pay me to ride around all day?

practice enough and somebody might.

shooter560

I'm not really sure which part of my two businesses I hate the most, is it being given the keys of super cars for a day or two while I work on them, or is it my other business of hand making chocolates, and needing to sample/taste them...

Oh what a hard choice :biggrin:

yenrod

>parts of your job you hate

Understanding how others have done things and why didnt they do my way which is quicker less complicated and better :biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

domd1979

Veteran
Another vote for paperwork, such as....

Doing "Personal Performance Reviews" which involves going through a 10 page form with each member of staff three times during the course of a year.

Filling in ridiculous forms every time someone has time off ill, and then a "consideration of warning" form if they've dared be ill too many times in the past 12 months.

"Key performance indicators". Another fecking waste of time. Largely because they don't tell anyone anything particularly useful, and also because filling them in every quarter is meaningless because they're figures that change little from year to year. If I wasn't filling in the handy 27-part KPI form, I might have time to actually do something useful.

gbb

Legendary Member
Working with dimwits,
Working with (some) Polish and Lithuanian machine operators, who despite 2 years experience are incapable of understanding simple instructions and who say yes to everything you say...and you know it'll go straight in one ear..and out the other ;)
This wouldnt be so bad, but i get cheesed off being called off one job...to go fix something else that doesnt need fixing...cos the dimwit economic migrant machine operators in question cannot follow simple instructions.
An example..
A labeller machine wont transport the label. A clean roller is central to its correct operation.
'Have you cleaned the roller' i ask when they ring me
'Yes'
I walk all the way from one job to the other...take one look...the rollers dirty :angry:
'You havnt cleaned the roller'
:biggrin::blush::biggrin:
' i did'
'You didnt do it properly'
I then spend another 5 minutes showing him (again)......and then go through the same freekin rigmarole the next day.....and the next week....

They are fine people, dont get me wrong. They've got better family values than a lot of English people i know.....but jesus h christ...the ones i'm working with a thick...or they're winding me up :angry:

Keith Oates

Janner
The only bit of my job that get's to me is having to entertain European Experts that come out here thinking they know everthing when in fact they haven't a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe24 said:
I've no job, off school and it is really really crap. I go out on my bike in the morning, in the afternoon i sit by the computer or just sit around.:tongue: Nothing much on TV in the day either, and by the afternoon its repeats from the morning.
But then again, the amount of cycling i do get to do, the lack of traffic because it isnt rush hour and normally the warmer weather at the times i go out is goooooooood:becool:
Anyone want to pay me to ride around all day?

You bloody youngsters don't know when you're well off.;)

NickM

Veteran
Kirstie said:
...What parts of your job do you hate and why...
Being required to turn up at it when I have better things to do (which is always).

If work was enjoyable, they wouldn't have to pay us to do it, would they?

Anybody who hasn't read this doesn't understand the true nature of most employment.

Top Bottom