Pashley Speed 5 -

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Saying it's over-priced nonsense aside, I kind of like this, can't say I'm ready for one of those moustaches that can be viewed when looking at the back of ones head, or plus-fours or any such malarkey but I could possibly persuaded into parting with some folding for one of these chaps. Is this a ridiculous notion that should be expelled forthwith or an idea that should be fondled into fulfilment?

Pashley5+-+1.jpg

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/speed-5.html

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Very nice looking, but overpriced, under-specced - and the wheels look wrong.

But .. the colour is lovely :smile:

fossala

Guru
If it makes you happy buy one. If I wanted one though I would get a vintage frame and build it up myself, guess it would be cheaper as well.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Lovely colour, but it does look a bit odd. But if it's what you want, then go for it, and I hope you enjoy it.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
looks a bit of a mix and match & aesthetically it doesn't work for me. The tyres look wrong, the brakes and chain guard don't fit the period at all. I'm not totally convinced by the pedals or the drum brake look either.

I'm sure they all add to the performance & reliability over what would look 'right' but I figure if you're buying something as deliberately retro as Pashley are marketing this then there are likely compromises need to be made to fit that whole vibe.

Just a couple of e.g.'s of what id prefer to see - full length chain guard and cow horn shape (ykwim) chromed brake lever unit, looking more Weinmann 1020 than Halfords £11.99

Last edited:
OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Open to comments from all except Brummies living in Somerset.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The picture shows a very small frame, which makes it look odd.
They look much better with a standard sized frame for a proper 6 foot tall person.
If I had loads of bikes alreday and plenty of money to waste, then I might buy one, but there are so many better bikes I would prefer at the moment.

Top Bottom