Pashley Speed 5 -

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
No, it doesn't look right. I'd either want genuine or a really modern take on a 1930's racer, like....

back.jpg

It's not a strong no though, I can see the appeal. That Brooks would get slung a long way into some deep, deep water though.

Wassat crax?

U

User169

I've always quite wanted one of these. Its got a 2 speed imertia hub - when you get up to a given speed, it automatically changes up. Would look better with white tyres

Waarmakers-x-Azor-Bike-Schokland-1.jpg

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
We had a conversation about this sort of thing at the museum a few weeks ago. Converting from boats to bikes, the gist was; Would a gentleman racer of the 30s ride a throwback to the 1880s? No, he would ride the very latest and best he could afford, So if you want to capture the mind of the period go out and buy whatever carbon bling is fashionable at the moment, otherwise you are just an actor in a giant theme park.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It's an Azor., a smallish Dutch brand. They do have a website, but it's on the basic side!

Made an enq, £650, frame sizes are odd though (I rec); 49, 55, 61 and 67, could do with something between 55 and 61 I'd have thought. Not sure a 2-speed would work for me with hills, I'll have to check the gearing. Seems pretty good though, me likee.

U

User169

Made an enq, £650, frame sizes are odd though (I rec); 49, 55, 61 and 67, could do with something between 55 and 61 I'd have thought. Not sure a 2-speed would work for me with hills, I'll have to check the gearing. Seems pretty good though, me likee.

Strange they don't have a 57 or 58.

I had an Azor Oklahoma. Can't remember the size, but it always felt a bit big. Fabulous bike though for what I needed it for.
Not so sure about hills - they're on the sturdy size, so maybe more suited to poor long around town.

A colleague recently bought one with the "priest-style" frame which is pretty cool.

Top Bottom