Past their sell by dates.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
Elton John passed his sell-by date a good few years ago...

I'm glad I saw him at Wembley Stadium in 1984, his voice has never been quite the same after the operation. He can still sing in tune though as long as he keeps away from the high notes, unlike Diana Ross at Glastonbury this year.

Gwylan

Veteran
Cliff was passed it 40 years ago.
He has no relevance to modern music and gets cross that he doesn’t get air play.
He has a loyal but dwindling fan base, I wish him no ill and hope he is enjoying himself.
But the terrible hair has to go.

Dodgy cove all-round. Not much of a singer either.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
To me a 'newbie' is a pop star who's emerged this century... and i'm not even that old.

never could stand Elton and Cliff was past it by the time he sang Mistletoe & Wine but Wired for Sound is still on my playlist. Cracking tune!

About ten years ago Cliff was on R4 talking about his charidee work; going round old peoples' homes and talking to the residents about his long career and having a singalong of some of his old hits... what an arse!

pawl

Legendary Member
Most of the contributors on here qualify for that description.

It’s a pre requisite for contributors to thr retirement thread :crazy::crazy::crazy:

mustang1

Legendary Member
I saw the EE advert the other day with Kevin Bacon. It got me thinking that actors who were once movie stars still need to pay the bills so they have these top-up jobs when they're older to keep some money.coming it.

Jean Claude van Damme selling beers is another one.

So perhaps Cliff Richards et al need to pay their bills too. I'm not sure they're doing it for enjoyment any more.

Jameshow

Veteran
To me a 'newbie' is a pop star who's emerged this century... and i'm not even that old.

never could stand Elton and Cliff was past it by the time he sang Mistletoe & Wine but Wired for Sound is still on my playlist. Cracking tune!

About ten years ago Cliff was on R4 talking about his charidee work; going round old peoples' homes and talking to the residents about his long career and having a singalong of some of his old hits... what an arse!

Why is that such a bad thing obvs you don't care for humanity?

Gwylan

Veteran
I saw the EE advert the other day with Kevin Bacon. It got me thinking that actors who were once movie stars still need to pay the bills so they have these top-up jobs when they're older to keep some money.coming it.

Jean Claude van Damme selling beers is another one.

So perhaps Cliff Richards et al need to pay their bills too. I'm not sure they're doing it for enjoyment any more.

Cliff Richards, incontinence pad adverts?

Top Bottom