pasta and ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Wot DP said. There are other options for pushing the boat out. If you really want to go to town, a touch of the Laurus nobilis...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I love that - but I add Parmesan. I like Parmesan:smile: .

I reckon it's overkill. Just parmesan and butter, and you're on to something.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've done a spaghetti recipe where you chuck in a couple of raw eggs over the finished spag which are then cooked by the heat of the pasta - then you add some chopped up bacon. Bacon and eggs Italiano!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You mean like longers' one about twenty sittings or so ago, tricolorimcginti? :santa: You poached the idea - but it's a cracker!

oops, soz longers!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Alla vongole...Thin spaghetti or capellini with clams (or cockles.mussels), garlic, parsley and a splash of white wine.
You don't even need a tomato. We have that every day when we go to the balmy shores of Lincolnshire.

Skeg Vegas?

Fixed that for you! I do prefer pecorino and it's usually cheaper.

You continentals and your fancy ideas!

I'll give it a go if I find any.

ASC1951

Guru
[QUOTE 1643298, member: 1314"]I love anchovies. Ditch the pasta and just have anchovies.

[/quote]
So did I. For people who bother about 'ethical food', though, anchovies are now high up the endangered species list and should be avoided.

The thing with pasta is that it's supposed to be the main ingredient. Brits like it 50-50 with the sauce, which Italians find comical. I say use good pasta (even fresh pasta) and have other ingredients just for flavouring.

Top Bottom