Paternoster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Maybe they had more than one? I was engineering, so had a few maths lectures in the tower but don't recall having to go into the Chem block.

I was engineering too, but in my day the Mech Eng was not on main campus, it was in Adelphi Steet (maybe it still is? Dunno!). A my age memory is going a bit :tired:

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I was engineering too, but in my day the Mech Eng was not on main campus, it was in Adelphi Steet (maybe it still is? Dunno!). A my age memory is going a bit :tired:
Aero and Mech were in the Newton Building, on campus. I was there 78-81 - after your time?

Brains

Legendary Member
We had one where I worked at P&O in the seventies, in Whitechapel. It was great fun!

I used to go into the P&O building on a regular basis, I did an entire circuit once, just to see what happened. I was quite ready for the ceiling to become the floor, however it quite cleverly did not happen, you just got a quick view of the basement

Last edited:

Brains

Legendary Member
We were most likely at many of the same gigs. My main watering hole was the Victory, long since shut sadly.

Which I was running .......

Dr & the Medic's, The Dammed, Dumpy's Rusty Nutts, Dr Feelgood, The men they could not Hang, Boys Wonder, Voodoo Child and many many more

TVC

Which I was running .......

Dr & the Medic's, The Dammed, Dumpy's Rusty Nutts, Dr Feelgood, The men they could not Hang, Boys Wonder, Voodoo Child and many many more
You were running ents at the poly, or running the Victory?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Never heard of it, or seen one. Good idea but not for the frail or disabled I'd imagine. The only "non standard" lift I've used is in the Vero Building in Auckland. You select the floor you want first, then it tells you which number lift to go to.

Top Bottom