Paula Radcliffe fit for NY Marathon! Again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
User482 said:
Err, that's what happens with tonsilitis - you get better. And quite clearly, she still wasn't fully fit, just as she wasn't at the last olympics. There's no reason to disbelieve her story.

I would prefer that she paid UK tax, but she's hardly unique in that respect.

Oh I think she's reasonably unique. Name another British athlete who is in tax exile.

U

User482

ChrisKH said:
Oh I think she's reasonably unique. Name another British athlete who is in tax exile.

I was thinking of sports people in general.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
This may be considered unsporting behaviour on my part but I thought it was a disgrace when Jamie Carragher got in a huff and refused to play for England:wacko:

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
User482 said:
Err, that's what happens with tonsilitis - you get better. And quite clearly, she still wasn't fully fit, just as she wasn't at the last olympics. There's no reason to disbelieve her story.

That's absolutely correct, you DO get better. And of course it's absolutely no co-incidence she got better for New York where there were 250,000 tax-free pounds on offer and also no co-incidence that she also pulled out of the marathon World Championships just a few weeks prior to that where, again, there was no money on offer. So contrary to your assertion that there's no reason to disbelieve her story, I think there are plenty of reasons (250,000 to be precise).

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
rich p said:
This may be considered unsporting behaviour on my part but I thought it was a disgrace when Jamie Carragher got in a huff and refused to play for England:wacko:

Well that's just daft if you don't mind me saying so. Firstly this isn't about Jamie Carragher and secondly you clearly didn't read what he had to say were his reasons at the time.

U

User482

PaulB said:
That's absolutely correct, you DO get better. And of course it's absolutely no co-incidence she got better for New York where there were 250,000 tax-free pounds on offer and also no co-incidence that she also pulled out of the marathon World Championships just a few weeks prior to that where, again, there was no money on offer. So contrary to your assertion that there's no reason to disbelieve her story, I think there are plenty of reasons (250,000 to be precise).

You claimed that she was fully fit for the NY marathon. She wasn't.

And given that it was a month after Birmingham, is perfectly reasonable to assume she'd recovered from tonsilitis.

If she was motivated solely by money then she wouldn't have turned up at the olympics at all, never mind turning up when injured.

I'm afraid this is just malicious spite on your part.

U

User482

PaulB said:
Well that's just daft if you don't mind me saying so. Firstly this isn't about Jamie Carragher and secondly you clearly didn't read what he had to say were his reasons at the time.

Well, for one thing, it's allowed him to carry on playing for Liverpool for longer, where he earns rather a lot of money.

It's a disgrace frankly.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
PaulB, you might want to delete #58, not least because it goes beyond a critical opinion into libel. And even if you don't care, just remember that this could get the website owner (Shaun) in trouble not you.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Flying_Monkey said:
PaulB, you might want to delete #58, not least because it goes beyond a critical opinion into libel. And even if you don't care, just remember that this could get the website owner (Shaun) in trouble not you.

Post 58 has nothing to do with me.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
User482 said:
Well, for one thing, it's allowed him to carry on playing for Liverpool for longer, where he earns rather a lot of money.

It's a disgrace frankly.

A disgrace that a Scouser who lives in Liverpool and pays taxes to the UK government chooses to remain loyal to his club side like numerous other footballers in the past? You have a very strange idea of what constitutes "disgrace".

And you're only trying to sidetrack us as you've clearly lost this argument but won't admit defeat.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
PaulB said:
And you're only trying to sidetrack us as you've clearly lost this argument but won't admit defeat.

Paul, read your own thread title and I think you'll spot the obvious flaw in that statement!

knackeredknees

postman said:
Poor lass struggled a bit.But good luck to her.But my oh my is she thin.

Maybe time for a rest Paula think of your health girl .

I quite agree Postman she's done her best but she definately looks like she could do with putting her feet up for a while and having a few steak dinners and a couple of pints of Guiness. ;);)

Top Bottom