Pavement rage.... WTF is happening to the world?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
If the question is which party has behaved the worst then on that evidence I would say the bloke filming. He appears to not be directly involved so doesn't have the (admittedly poor) excuse of perceived injustice, anger and adrenaline but just seems to be goading the others into a fight.

"Go on, twat 'im"

My thoughts exactly.

"I've got this for you mate"

Twunt.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Thanks, although I didn't notice until after I posted.
You are too modest! ;)

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
The old feller was well up for it, and well capable of it, period. The guy is having a giraffe.

Well capable of it? Seriously?
My mum's partner John, is 76 with a bad back and can barely make it up the steps to my home without being severely short of breath and on the verge it sometimes seems of having a heart attack. Yet I've been there when some 30 something year old twot got physical when his crap parking was pointed out and John despite having no chance of coming out the other side in one piece put him in his place.
Standing your ground and not letting some cocky self-gratification artist push you around doesn't mean you're capable of engaging in 'combat'.

Tim Hall

If the question is which party has behaved the worst then on that evidence I would say the bloke filming. He appears to not be directly involved so doesn't have the (admittedly poor) excuse of perceived injustice, anger and adrenaline but just seems to be goading the others into a fight.

"Go on, twat 'im"
What is more, he filmed it in portrait format. Hanging's too good etc.

postman

Legendary Member
Can't find it now,but a chap is going to be jailed for claiming benefit for 15 years totally an amazing half a million quid.He had a scooter and wheelchair.He said he was unable to walk,but was caught pushing his wife about in her wheelchair.

Can't find it now,but a chap is going to be jailed for claiming benefit for 15 years totally an amazing half a million quid.He had a scooter and wheelchair.He said he was unable to walk,but was caught pushing his wife about in her wheelchair.

I've said similar to the following elsewhere, but I think it warrants repeating.

Yes, there are a small number of fraudulent claimants. There are also a large number of people with entitlements that they don't apply for, and many people who have had benefits removed despite actually needing and being entitled to them.

The narrative that there are hordes of people 'swinging the lead' is really destructive.

For example https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/benefit-fraud-public-tip-offs-legal-action-police-no-evidence-dwp-work-pensions-department-a8144096.html

or https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ms-jobless-uk-dwp-work-pensions-a8137751.html

or http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39980793

or (from a few years ago, but if you'd like a pretty picture)
View attachment 402499
https://fullfact.org/economy/tax-dodging-and-benefit-grabbing-scale-problems/

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
My first thought was "Blimey, Edward Woodward and Bill Bailey are having a set to!" ^_^

Then I just realised it was a couple of idiots who should have known better.

Anyway, bloody mobility scooterists - using our highways and not having any insurance and not paying any road tax...oh, hang on...;)

[QUOTE 5214502, member: 10119"]I've said similar to the following elsewhere, but I think it warrants repeating.[/QUOTE]
None of which, obviously, has anything much to do with the squalid little quarrel filmed (using the incorrect aspect ratio) and shared in the first post.

winjim

Smash the cistern
What is more, he filmed it in portrait format. Hanging's too good etc.
You need to speak to my wife. We have a load of baby videos that I simply can't bear to watch. When she grows up we'll have to show them to her and what will she think of us then?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5214502, member: 10119"]The narrative that there are hordes of people 'swinging the lead' is really destructive.[/QUOTE]
It's not 'destructive' so much as calculated, orchestrated and continually reinforced by bright people with a clear agenda, a cynical strategy and a disheartening record of success.

As for 'WTF is happening..?', nothing new. Nobbers with attitude. Next!

Top Bottom