Pavement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrLex

merely the moocher
[...] You'll get your collar felt.[...]
No need; my tailor does that on request.
Luckily, when PoPo is rushing out on a shout or back in with the kettle cooling, I'm obviously not worth a tug...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Neither are you, and so is yours!
You are just one of the few cyclists who want it all their own way. Cycling on the pavement is dangerous, if you can't see that you should stick to walking everywhere.
People like you want equal rights on the road, but think it's ok to to cycle where you like when it suits you.
And don't bang on about some rule# whatever! that was thought of by some overweight quaffing politician who has never cycled. Pavement cycling is a dangerous and stupid occupation.
:rofl:
How the hell can you compare cycling on the pavement to carrying shopping?
:laugh:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2949697, member: 45"]Oooh, I wish I had time for you to tell me all about it, but I need to pick bits of sock fluff from beneath my toenails.[/quote]
Ha ha ha!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Says it all really....

buggi

Bird Saviour
its a good thing the cycle lanes aren't carried through the junction as you should be in primary position when going through the junction and a cycle lane would only give drivers the impression you should be in it.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2949737, member: 45"]At the moment that's your opinion. If you want it to become anything else then you need to provide some evidence.[/quote]
Not only my opinion. Many others here have said as much.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2949737, member: 45"]At the moment that's your opinion. If you want it to become anything else then you need to provide some evidence.[/quote]
What evidence do you want? I dunno....parents and pushchairs on the pavement, old people, disabled people, small children, people leaving shops or their houses. These are all groups of society that you wouldn't normally find walking in the road; that's why they use the pavement, where they can go about their business confident in the fact that they probably won't get run over....unless they're in your town of course!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2949833, member: 45"]No, they haven't. Many disagree with pavement cycling. I've yet to see anyone else claim that considerate pavement cycling is not possible and that it's dangerous.

Anyway, my aunt thinks that cycling without a helmet is really really dangerous. She said she knows a lot of people who also think this.[/quote]
Considerate pavement cycling is some bulls*** that only exists in your head. There is no such thing!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2949862, member: 45"]Evidence to support your claim that considerate pavement cycling is dangerous. Let's think... maybe some figures, or examples of incidents. That's the normal stuff that people use to justify their claims...[/quote]
I'm not normal, I only ride my bike on the road. Ha ha ha....oh dear!

Top Bottom