Pay Day commeth...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Pay Day is here & the Garmin Edge 605 is on order :rofl:
Ordered the City Navigator NT map for UK/Ire also, so I assume I don't need an additional micro SD card, as the card slot will be populated with the Map card?

Cheers
SD

bonj2

Short answer: no, you don't need an extra SD card.

you did remember to order city navigator on DVD, not micro SD card didn't you? :rofl:
Don't worry if not. Slightly harder to get the full maps on your home pc that's all - but I've heard it's possible by copying a file and putting it in a certain directory.
When I had an Edge 605 it had a micro SD card slot, but I never needed to put any card in it, the maps and routes i transferred to it must have been able to be stored in its internal memory.

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Ahhh sh*t. I ordered the Micro SD card I think - was about 30 quid. As long as I can get the maps onto the device - it's all good though. I have a feeling there will be alot of trial and error, searching the forum for advice and reading of manuals in the next week or so! :rofl:

bonj2

Sittingduck said:
Ahhh sh*t. I ordered the Micro SD card I think - was about 30 quid. As long as I can get the maps onto the device - it's all good though. I have a feeling there will be alot of trial and error, searching the forum for advice and reading of manuals in the next week or so! :evil:

dodgy is your best resource, and jimboalee.
Also try on yacf, there's a separate sub forum just for GPS on there.

honestal

I've had a 705 for about a year, reckon I use about 30% of what it can do and wouldn't be without it. You'll find a whole new world of geekery opening up in front of you.. ;)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm still thinking of getting one, but i like to know what I'm doing in advance with these things. Had high hopes for Aperitif and Arallsop figured I could just pick their brains, have a little go, then I'd be good to buy.........my hopes now lie with Sitting Duck:ohmy: A&A may be along in a minute........if they can find it!!!!!!!!!!!

"Up yours DelorsMacBludgeon"

We're doing ok - a modicum of spatio-directional difficulties, but nothing that a hypothermia rescue kit can't sort out. ;)

SiD - I have the miniSD card too - you have to rename files and 'trick' the Garmin software into reading it etc etc...Dodgy is your man - as bonj rightly says.

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Cheers boys. Dodgy had replied to an older post in which I mentioned my yearning for an Edge, so I'll have a read through. Sure I will be able to suss it out after some researching :biggrin:

MacB

Sittingduck said:
Cheers boys. Dodgy had replied to an older post in which I mentioned my yearning for an Edge, so I'll have a read through. Sure I will be able to suss it out after some researching :wacko:

I'm sure too, I pin my hopes on you, having been so badly failed by the Garminator:biggrin:

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hehehe - well I registered om the Garmin Connect site last night and my City Navigator map SD card arrived in the post this morning :biggrin: Just awaiting arrival of the main unit now (ordered direct from Amazon, so should be by Tues/Weds latest). I have a file saved that explains how you need to rename the files to "trick" the PC / Garmin, as mentioned above. This was courtesy of a link provided in Dodgy's signature. Will keep on reading up and let you know how it goes! :biggrin:

EDIT: been e-mailed 2 mins ago by Amazon... the 605 has been dispatched :wacko:

redjedi

Über Member
Are you Garmined up yet SD?

Otherwise I'll be bagging up some Google map printouts.....actually I'll do that anyway, if yours is anything like Aperitif's :wacko:

MacB

redjedi said:
Are you Garmined up yet SD?

Otherwise I'll be bagging up some Google map printouts.....actually I'll do that anyway, if yours is anything like Aperitif's :wacko:

SD will be sorted, we're not talking technically bereft like the Man of Muscle here:tongue:

Top Bottom