pay rise lump sum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Since I left Waitrose the bonus has been abysmal! I could see the writing on the wall trying to compete with the big 4 and other challengers whilst loosing thier distinctiveness. Sad really. Seems to be the case the world from retail loosing it's distinctiveness to companies offshore production.

Rant over

Where I work presently we got a decent bonus not sure of it % wise.

I used to work at P&O Ferries out of Dover. Have a guess what happened down there?

Welcome to the future.

johnblack

Über Member
If you get a pay rise as a bonus / one off payment do you get the option to pay direct to your pension? If affordable and nearing retirement age would make it far more tax efficient.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
5% but it's only really 3% as they gave us an extra 2% last year for 1 year only, so that's been deducted. So 3% in reality. Tell that to BT/Insurance etc that's gone up 10-15%

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Since when are doors are more important than bicycles?

when the door lock is temperamental and even when the door is closed its draughty around the edges and you have to hammer the hinges down every so often .

Jenkins

Legendary Member
That's what we got last year - about 1% on the pay and a lump sum of around £250 after tax. And of course the lump sum is non-pensionable so saving money for the employer in the long run and reducing the long term value of the pension.
On top of that, this year's 'offer' is a maximum of 4.5% by which they mean they will hold the minimum legal consultations with the unions and then just impose it and refuse any further negotiations.

The good news is that I received confirmation that the part of the pension that I opted to take on partial retirement last year has gone up in line with inflation (10.5%) which will be an extra £70 after tax each month.

gzoom

Über Member
I'm waiting to see the action of the strikes......slightly conflicted, strikes makes my day job F****** hard, but the outcomes of strikes will almost certainly increase pay.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
8.5% rise from last June's pay review, finally voted in, after several laughable offers, in February. Negotiations for this June to start soon so it doesn't drag on for so long.. (They say that every year, though 😂)

Our pay talks start before Xmas and have always been sorted by march.every year it's doom and gloom then all of a sudden they start building more in April,they must think we are thick.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Our pay talks start before Xmas and have always been sorted by march.every year it's doom and gloom then all of a sudden they start building more in April,they must think we are thick.

Ours contracted review is June, annually. Normally, it's sorted by Christmas as the company thinks we're more likely to accept as we'll get the lump sum back pay in time for Santa. This time we only just got it by the end of the tax year 😂

potsy

Rambler

That sounds very familiar, ours start in March for a supposed 1st April rise, no offer as yet but the poverty meetings have been happening for a couple of months :rolleyes:

Top Bottom