Paying for audax without cheque book.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
I'm looking at getting into audax and thought I would start with a nice easy 100km one as I have cycled more than this quite a few times. Found one near me so thought I would sign up as it is on a day off.

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/13-135/

Downloaded the form, then realised I need a cheque book. I can order one but it won't be in time for the event (well, 2 weeks before plus postage time). How would I go about contacting them to say that I want to turn up on the day?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It says you can pay on the day. (£5.00)

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
I have sent audaxuk an email asking if they have any information on the organiser so I can contact him. If they don't I have found out what club he cycles with from searching his name, I'll email them next.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
A lot of audax rides can be entered by paypal these days. Some organizers prefer not to.If you arent a member of audax you can still ride but will be charged £2 to be added to the insurance for the duration of the event.
Hope you enjoy the ride audax is about enjoying the ride and doing the distance.Times arent published only a list of finishers in alphabetic order.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
A lot of audax rides can be entered by paypal these days. Some organizers prefer not to.If you arent a member of audax you can still ride but will be charged £2 to be added to the insurance for the duration of the event.
Hope you enjoy the ride audax is about enjoying the ride and doing the distance.Times arent published only a list of finishers in alphabetic order.
I will join after I do 1 or 2. I'm not bothered about speed, just having fun. Nothing like spending hours in the saddle watching the world go by.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Unless you are CTC.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I'm looking at getting into audax and thought I would start with a nice easy 100km one as I have cycled more than this quite a few times. Found one near me so thought I would sign up as it is on a day off.

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/13-135/

Downloaded the form, then realised I need a cheque book. I can order one but it won't be in time for the event (well, 2 weeks before plus postage time). How would I go about contacting them to say that I want to turn up on the day?

I have sent you a message, have a look and see if it helps

P.H

Über Member
You could just get a Postal Order from the post office, it'll cost you an extra quid at most and the organiser can treat it as a cheque and bank it with the others.

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
You could just get a Postal Order from the post office, it'll cost you an extra quid at most and the organiser can treat it as a cheque and bank it with the others.
Good thinking, I'll do that if I still have time (should do).

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
He has just responded to my email to Falmoth wheelers. Everything is now sorted. He will send me the information and I can pay on the day.

PpPete

Legendary Member
In general audax organisers are some of the most accomodating folks you'll find.
One well known organiser in the South-East, who specifically does NOT allow "entries on the line", has accepted payment from me on the day when I forgot to include a cheque in the envelope.
He also comments to me, by snail mail, on some of the opinions expressed in posts on this and another forum.

Top Bottom